Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,372   Members: 6,553   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, LucaDebenh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30AUG21 restock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30AUG21 restock

heads up, the clear 3DOC seems to have been added to the August 30 restock - lots of halcyon!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Nice to see halcyon slowly make its way back. I’m still waiting patiently for halcyon TLSS.

Comment

Uh oh. OK, question for all of you who use the clear 3DOC as your 3-1-1 bag -- have you had a major spill in it, of something like shampoo? How well did it contain the spill? How well did it clean up afterwards?
      SG23 is my walk/bike commuter bag

Comment

Uh oh. OK, question for all of you who use the clear 3DOC as your 3-1-1 bag -- have you had a major spill in it, of something like shampoo? How well did it contain the spill? How well did it clean up afterwards?
        I took one of the 3Ds into the shower at the gym with me to rinse it out. Easy peasy. Suggest you use better bottles or place the less reliables in their own small ziplocks.

Comment

Originally posted by epeterson View Post
          Agree with Bogiesan
          I recommend small reusable containers from Nalgene, they're guaranteed to not leak (flip tops slightly different tho). They started off making high end lab ware so that precision carries through into their consumer products. I usually get mine from REI or Container Store, they last decades.
          I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

Agree with Bogiesan
            I recommend small reusable containers from Nalgene, they're guaranteed to not leak (flip tops slightly different tho). They started off making high end lab ware so that precision carries through into their consumer products. I usually get mine from REI or Container Store, they last decades.
            I agree that these are the best! We use them for everything - not just toiletries but also carrying water in my art kit, alcohol etc in first aid kits, oils and spices in our camper, etc, etc, etc. They're great for keeping liquids in place and humidity or other icky things out. Each one is different though, and although most of their containers are food safe, guaranteed leak proof or whatnot, some of their containers are not (food safe, leak proof, etc). Be sure to check descriptions and manufacturing details when purchasing.

I also agree with Bogiesan that water won't hurt a TB bag, so feel free to shower with your 3DOC. (Hmmm that sounded kinda kinky, but no harm meant.) I've had to rinse off or out several of my TB bags, and they always come through looking better than ever.

(edited to add that this comment was for epeterson but thanks for the heads up G42 !)
            Last edited by Tonya; 08-25-2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Darcy Did the Synapse 19 disappear from the 8.30 restock? I could swear I saw it as part of the restock a few days ago, but don't see it now.

Comment

I thought I had my 8/30 order set, but now Clear Organizer Wallets are back!! And a Large Shepherd’s Wool Utility Cloth!

Comment

Someone had asked over on Ravelry... the new larger Shepherd's Wool should be the same cleaning instructions as the current one since its the same mill, material, colours, etc.

"The Shepherd's Wool Utility Cloth hand washes easily and dries quickly; wash it in the hotel sink with a tiny bit of soap, hang it, and it'll be dry before you know it. Please don't machine wash -- and never machine dry -- your Shepherd's Wool Utility Cloth. Dry cleaning is fine too."

Darcy - would be great to have the cleaning instructions added to the page for the Large

Comment

The 3D organizer wallets went *really* quickly in some colors. Please make more in Mayura or Aubergine or Navy! I'd get one into my cart and it would be sold out by the time I could click checkout. I'd then choose another color and the same thing happened. Popular little wallets.

Comment

Oh wow! All the Grab Bags grabbed so quickly....only Navy Parapack left at the moment. Managed to get one of those but I must have blinked too long for the other colours.....oh well! (Not complaining, just a little bit disappointed)

Comment

I got Large Shepherd’s Cloths in purple and blue, as well as a Solaris Clear 3DOC

Comment

Originally posted by Aventurera View Post
                          The 3D organizer wallets went *really* quickly in some colors. Please make more in Mayura or Aubergine or Navy! I'd get one into my cart and it would be sold out by the time I could click checkout. I'd then choose another color and the same thing happened. Popular little wallets.
                          I’m still wondering how Mayura differs from Azure, since the Cafe Bags matched in color between the two colors, and they previously offered Azure COWs, so you might be able to find one of these.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by Aventurera View Post
                            Yes. I was lucky enough to score one. I have learned that what helps for me is to be signed into my account and have a card already saved on file so that you only need to press one to two buttons to complete an order. That however is not a certain too.

Comment

Originally posted by KAB View Post
                              Oh wow! All the Grab Bags grabbed so quickly....only Navy Parapack left at the moment. Managed to get one of those but I must have blinked too long for the other colours.....oh well! (Not complaining, just a little bit disappointed)
                              In case you missed it in the blog & email announcement, Navy parapack and new Boreal are supposed to be the colours stocked ongoing.

Comment

Working...
                              X