Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,371   Members: 6,553   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, LucaDebenh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30AUG21 restock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G42 View Post

In case you missed it in the blog & email announcement, Navy parapack and new Boreal are supposed to be the colours stocked ongoing.
    Even the Boreal is not available right now. I so wanted one of the orange ones. Oh well, Navy it is then.

But really, things went fast. Not only the Grab Bags (except for Navy) but the COW were also sold out by the time I got to my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MTeric22 View Post
      I have learned that what helps for me is to be signed into my account and have a card already saved on file so that you only need to press one to two buttons to complete an order.
      Good idea! Thank you. I shall be better prepared next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Aventurera View Post
        The 3D organizer wallets went *really* quickly in some colors. Please make more in Mayura or Aubergine or Navy! I'd get one into my cart and it would be sold out by the time I could click checkout. I'd then choose another color and the same thing happened. Popular little wallets.
        I checked COW around 10, and all sold out already in about (less than?) three hours. I wonder why it was retired if it's this popular?

Comment

Originally posted by gadgets View Post

I checked COW around 10, and all sold out already in about (less than?) three hours. I wonder why it was retired if it's this popular?
          I think it's a combo of the COW not selling quickly/languishing on shelves while they were in stock and now that it is brought back -- with new colors to boot -- the COWs sell out fast because of FOMO or people "stocking up." So it seems like the COWs are more popular than what it really was while they were in stock for years.

EDIT: Also, Nik's wallets in their multiple iterations debuted and probably had something to do with how popular the COWs were as well.
          Last edited by Aeon; 08-30-2021, 01:19 PM.
          Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

Originally posted by gadgets View Post

I made a thread about it when it was abruptly retired. I remember being bummed out because up until then it was listed as "In Production." I never got an answer why but it could very well be production schedule related as G42 mentioned in that thread. In fairness, TB has been pumping out bags/preorders/new designs in 2021 so I could see their schedule being jam packed. Definitely think FOMO played a part as mentioned by Aeon. Anyway, glad to see the COW return and show just how popular it is. Hopefully it sticks around!

I picked up a Burnt Orange COW, OH DLBP, & Texturized Orange GB.

https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...333456-rip-cow

Comment

In case you missed it in the blog & email announcement, Navy parapack and new Boreal are supposed to be the colours stocked ongoing.
              Thank you. I shall just have to try to be even quicker next time around, Boreal would be good but they had all gone as well (or maybe that colour was not an option in the first release?) and that was within the first hour.
              Last edited by KAB; 08-31-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MTeric22 View Post

Yes. I was lucky enough to score one. I have learned that what helps for me is to be signed into my account and have a card already saved on file so that you only need to press one to two buttons to complete an order. That however is not a certain too.
                I tried that today. Sitting at my computer and pressing refresh at 9:59am EDT. The Pocket Pouch in the colorway I wanted (Navy/Iberian) was out of stock by the time I had clicked 'add to basket' on three items.

Next time I will have to decide on the one 'high demand/low supply' item I really want, and just click through and buy that on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by Aventurera View Post

I tried that today. Sitting at my computer and pressing refresh at 9:59am EDT. The Pocket Pouch in the colorway I wanted (Navy/Iberian) was out of stock by the time I had clicked 'add to basket' on three items.

Next time I will have to decide on the one 'high demand/low supply' item I really want, and just click through and buy that on its own.

Being signed in, having your card on file, and having all the items in your wishlist so that you can use the 'add all wishlist items' button helps, but it's always hard with low inventory items.
                  I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Being signed in, having your card on file, and having all the items in your wishlist so that you can use the 'add all wishlist items' button helps, but it's always hard with low inventory items.
                    I’m not sure what happened with Aventurera but the ‘add all wishlist items’ button didn’t work for me so I had to add each item as well. (I also missed out on the Navy/Iberia Pocket Pouch).

On a related, is there a difference in processing between “having a card on file” and using Apple Pay? If so, I may adjust my purchase style.

Comment

Agreed. Pocket pouches seemed to fly off. Combinations with Iberian were popular. Somewhere on the forums from last year is a note that my Coyote/Iberian Pocket Pouch arrived with a note that they were pretty sure this was the last one in the factory. Glad I wasn’t trying to order that one today.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by BF67 View Post

I’m not sure what happened with Aventurera but the ‘add all wishlist items’ button didn’t work for me so I had to add each item as well. (I also missed out on the Navy/Iberia Pocket Pouch).

On a related, is there a difference in processing between “having a card on file” and using Apple Pay? If so, I may adjust my purchase style.
                        I don't have Apple Pay, so not sure about that.

My card info is saved through Shopify's Shop Pay feature on the TB site.
                        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by BF67 View Post
                          As long as you don't need to do anything special with notes or shipping, you can go right to the cart, choose Apple Pay, and be on your way.

Comment

I missed on the Iberian pocket pouch as well. That color was already retired by the time I discovered Tom Bihn, so I was really hoping to get a little memento of its existence. Alas, perhaps they will bring the color back into the rotation someday.

Comment

I did manage to get everything I wanted, and I think the key to that is desiring colors that are not popular! I had preloaded all the items into my wishlist. When they showed as available, clicking the button to move them all to the cart did not work, so I clicked each one individually, but that was still faster than selecting them from the product pages. I received my confirmation email at two minutes after the hour. I do have all the addresses and credit card info loaded into my account, so that helps.
                              ----
                              All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                              Edmund Burke

Comment

Seems like we should give someone the heads up that the button to move all wishlist items didn’t work this AM (of course it works now). In the meantime, I’ll have to organize my purchases by availability and desire on restock days.

Comment

Working...
                                X