Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,369   Members: 6,553   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, LucaDebenh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September Restock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darcy
    replied
    Thanks, everyone, for the feedback: sounds like choosing your own Pocket Pouch colors is here to stay And we really like the idea of one Mystery color Pocket Pouch! Assuming there's no pesky practical issues with adding that (website backend stuff) I think we'll offer that in the next Pocket Pouch restock.

Leave a comment:

• kmw
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post

Good morning Wanderlust77

We will be making more Pocket Pouches, though we don't have a complete list just yet of what colors will be offered since they're made with very small roll ends or scraps.

And we're currently discussing the upsides and downsides of folks being able to see and choose the exact color of Pocket Pouch that they'd like -- upside being that folks are more likely to get the exact color they're hoping for, or at least know what color they will be getting, and downside being that a bunch of colors sold out rather quickly. Curious what you all think about that and open to your feedback as always!
    Another vote for loving being able to choose color options here. I like to be able to color-code things I'm storing, and certain colors work better than others for vision problems. And TBH I've always felt like an inconsiderate jerk having to say "X or Y color please. If unavailable, please skip" because of the added work I know I'm creating for the Crew. Especially because you'd have no idea what color options might possibly even exist, let alone be available.

I've had probably dozens of various pouch requests canceled over the years because of having to guess what might be out there -- a few months ago I had an entire order of 5 PPs canceled because I'd requested color combinations that to my understanding hadn't ever even existed. The end result either way is ultimately the same of not getting the desired colors (just more immediate). But to me, not having to guess at what might exist and not creating more work for the Crew later is great.

For anyone that doesn't have to be picky about colors and enjoys the adventure of having the Crew choose, though, you could always add the option of "Wildcard" to the color dropdown.

Leave a comment:

• Salmanila8
    replied
    I like seeing the color options for the Pocket Pouches. Sometimes there are colors I wouldn't consider on a larger bag, but just the little dose of that color looks good on the PP.

Leave a comment:

• Pertinax
    replied
    I got some pocket pouches today, though at least one of my choices sold out in the 3 minutes it took me to put my order in. Maybe the smaller items made with scraps could just have standing restock dates, like Dec 1 (for holidays) and June 1 (for summer travel). Accumulate scraps for 6 months and work those known dates into the production schedule. Preserve color choices for those who really care and offer "Tom's choice" for those who like to be pleasantly surprised.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post
    I've ordered two pocket pouches before and I ordered two today. I enjoyed the randomness and that feeling of "what am I going to get?", and I really like the two pouches (Coyote/Wasabi and Burnt Orange/Solaris) that I've gotten this way. That being said, being able to see my options beforehand? Game changer. I already knew I wanted an Aubergine/Solaris going into this restock, but I also added a Verde/Island at the last second because it looked great in the picture. I guess my opinion on it is both? Both is good.
    Skirata44

The way we used to do these orders was call in and ask about color combinations. Sometimes pocket pouch orders would be inspired by pictures that were posted on the forums. For example, here's @pammy's picture of the Verde/Island color combination (posted on 04-12-2018 in the Your Photos Are Needed thread)
    Black Verde and Coyote Pocket Pouches with Island interior(This was inspired by my posting of some Coyote accessories a few posts earlier)

I ordered a Coyote/Iberian Pocket Pouch back in March 2020, a couple of days after this post (03-26-2020) showed up in the Call to Action - Go and buy something from the TB website thread)

Pocket Pouch in Coyote/Iberian and other colors
    HTH

moriond

ETA: They had the Aubergine/Solar combination some years ago. I was never quite sure how I felt about it.
    Last edited by moriond; 09-13-2021, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Skirata44
    replied
    I've ordered two pocket pouches before and I ordered two today. I enjoyed the randomness and that feeling of "what am I going to get?", and I really like the two pouches (Coyote/Wasabi and Burnt Orange/Solaris) that I've gotten this way. That being said, being able to see my options beforehand? Game changer. I already knew I wanted an Aubergine/Solaris going into this restock, but I also added a Verde/Island at the last second because it looked great in the picture. I guess my opinion on it is both? Both is good.

Leave a comment:

• dmoneysong
    replied
    Ditto what a lot of people are saying. I would not have purchased any PPs had it been random. Being able to see and select my choices made me purchase 2 this morning. Don't think there's any downside from the company standpoint to not do it this way.

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
    The ability to pick our own colors is what convinced me to give the pocket pouch another try, so I'd vote for keeping that option, even if it means that a specific choice will sell out. I would suggest just making more of the popular choices from today, if your materials allow that. (And that's an interesting idea about color groups, but for me, it wouldn't work. For example, I purchased a Verde/Wasabi PP today, but would not have wanted Verde combined with any other interiors, or anything other than Verde.)
    Yeah, I suspect most of us would rather choose (especially given the way certain colors sell out in seconds while others linger). The group thing was just a suggestion for if they can't continue to give us full choice.

Leave a comment:

• BF67
    replied
    As a recent discoverer of TB, I appreciated the chance to buy specific PPs and definitely purchased more than if they came by chance. That being said I think some randomness is fun and I like the Surrealle idea of color groups. Another idea could be to set aside some as random and let that be a choice when allowing people to choose. I trust that it wouldn’t become a dumping place for the least popular color combos (in fact it could be the only way to get the most limited color choices).

Leave a comment:

• bchaplin
    replied
    The ability to pick our own colors is what convinced me to give the pocket pouch another try, so I'd vote for keeping that option, even if it means that a specific choice will sell out. I would suggest just making more of the popular choices from today, if your materials allow that. (And that's an interesting idea about color groups, but for me, it wouldn't work. For example, I purchased a Verde/Wasabi PP today, but would not have wanted Verde combined with any other interiors, or anything other than Verde.)
    Last edited by bchaplin; 09-13-2021, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• drobeson
    replied
    Another vote for picking my own colors. Much rather get what I wanted or nothing at all. I'm not a fan of blues and browns and they're quite prevalent.

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Darcy

I much prefer to pick my own colors. I got two pouches today on a whim that I wouldn't have gotten if they were random. I think being able to choose will make the highest percentage of people happy, as they can still sell out quickly whether we're given the option or not.

However, if it is excessively tedious to offer that many choices, maybe make a few color groups (Group 1: Aubergine, Navy, Verde, Group 2: Mars Red, Burnt Orange, Coyote, Group 3: Black, Nebulous Grey, Ursa, for example) that we can choose from and then we're randomly given one from those batches.
    Last edited by Surrealle; 09-13-2021, 12:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust77
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post

We will be making more Pocket Pouches, though we don't have a complete list just yet of what colors will be offered since they're made with very small roll ends or scraps.

And we're currently discussing the upsides and downsides of folks being able to see and choose the exact color of Pocket Pouch that they'd like -- upside being that folks are more likely to get the exact color they're hoping for, or at least know what color they will be getting, and downside being that a bunch of colors sold out rather quickly. Curious what you all think about that and open to your feedback as always!
    Thank you, Darcy I definitely prefer being able to select color combinations, rather than luck of the draw. I’ll just have to be patient and cross my fingers that Aubergine, Navy, Verde, and Steel stay in the line-up!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    Good morning, @Darcy—
    Will the Pocket Pouches be restocked any time soon?

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust77
    replied
    Good morning, @Darcy—
    Will the Pocket Pouches be restocked any time soon?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X