Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,493   Posts: 187,444   Members: 6,454   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, bored_and_agitated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Le Grand Derriere external attachment options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Le Grand Derriere external attachment options

Hello everyone. The LGD looks to be ( I haven't pulled the trigger yet ) an ideal EDC/daypack for me. The only thing that is giving me pause is that it lacks the functionality to attach something externally. I've become used to, and at this would hate to give up, the ability to strap something to the bottom of the bag. Examples including a small camp chair, medium-ish blanket, tripod, and I'm sure other things that are a little to big or awkward to fit inside. Any thoughts? Is what I want to feasibly and I'm just not seeing it? I suppose I could modify the bag, it's a simple enough setup, it just needs a couple durable loops on the bottom of the bag, the straps would/could be detachable. It does seem silly to buy a bag with the intent to modify it immediately though.

Welcome to the Forums aldumil !
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

There’s not an easy way to attach something to the bottom of a stock LGD - but it’s something that I agree would be great to see and not that hard to add I don’t think. Just 2 webbing straps on the bottom would be very useful.

Comment

Maybe they (or you) can add something like they do with Guides Editions of bags..?

Comment

Maybe not the best option but you could use lash strap or small bungee cords. They would have to wrap around the bag but the pockets would still be usable.

Comment

Originally posted by aldumil View Post
            It does seem silly to buy a bag with the intent to modify it immediately though.
            Welcome to the forum! Not silly sounds perfectly fine to mod your bag, to make it perfect for you. It's standard to alter a pair of jeans if they're too long, pretty much the same principle?

Comment

Working...
            X