Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,493   Posts: 187,443   Members: 6,454   Active Members: 335
Welcome to our newest member, bored_and_agitated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get them before they're gone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lotuseater
    replied
    This thread got me to act after 18 months of deliberation. In January last year, when I ordered my Tri-Star for an imminent travel need, the only colour available was Crimson. The bag is great, but my selection would have been different if Indigo had been in stock at the time.

Within minutes of reading Darcy's post that Indigo was being discontinued I snapped up an Aeronaut in that colour. Less than 24 hours later it was gone from the options on the Aeronaut page. I missed the all-dyneema Steel/Solar Synapse when it was discontinued last spring, so I knew I had to act fast to snag one of the last Indigo Aeronauts. It will arrive tomorrow and I can't wait.

Again, this thread is invaluable if you've been on the fence like me, or if you intend a purchase in the near future. Can I suggest that you post discontinuations on the TB Blog, in addition to new product launches and stock availability announcements? If I hadn't been checking the TB Forums I would have missed out. The Blog is available in an RSS feed but I haven't figured out how to do the same with the Forums.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by falconea View Post
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    It's the 1050d ballistic nylon that is no longer. No hints as to what will replace it -- you'll have to wait and see!
    Hopefully we will know before all the Indigo Tri-Stars are gone!

Audrey
    You just have to have faith that the new color will be great. It's not as though your current Indigo Tri-Star is likely to wear out, although I imagine I could be seriously bummed out if the bag got lost or stolen and I couldn't replace the color. (But in the meantime, I did order once of the Swifts in Indigo/Black ballistic nylon before they disaapper -- even though I still also use my Crimson Lux, which is the version that preceded the Swift.)

moriond

Leave a comment:

• falconea
    replied
    It's the 1050d ballistic nylon that is no longer. No hints as to what will replace it -- you'll have to wait and see!
    Hopefully we will know before all the Indigo Tri-Stars are gone!

Audrey

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick View Post
    finally! fluorescent pink ballistic nylon!!! ?
    Now there! I love pink but fluorescent ballistic? Noooooooo

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick View Post
    Whoa there!

Leave a comment:

• Fat Crip
    replied
    Originally posted by LarryA View Post
    Eric,

You're not gay, you're just very secure in your masculinity. :-)

Larry
    Thanks for the vote of confidence ... I'll tell my wife, she'll be very relieved ;-)

Leave a comment:

• LarryA
    replied
    Eric,

You're not gay, you're just very secure in your masculinity. :-)

Larry

Leave a comment:

• Fat Crip
    replied
    Oh dear! My wife is already telling me I must be gay, because of my bag and shoe collections ... this would seal it once and for all! Oh well, if I am, I am!

Eric

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    maverick! Did you sneak into our offices and look at the new fabric samples? How'd you know!
    nah - FPBN just seems like an obvious choice!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    maverick! Did you sneak into our offices and look at the new fabric samples? How'd you know!

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    No hints as to what will replace it -- you'll have to wait and see!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Sorry, everyone, for the confusion: 1000d Indigo (used as an exterior color for the Synapse) will be around for a while. It's the 1050d ballistic nylon that is no longer. No hints as to what will replace it -- you'll have to wait and see!

Leave a comment:

• jannilee
    replied
    On the synapse page it says the synapse in indigo/solar will be available in march. True? or wishful thinking??? (as she roots through the website looking for indigo bags she might regret not buying...)

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Wow! I didn't expect Indigp to be retired so soon.
    Originally posted by falconea View Post
    Should I get spares of my favourite Indigo/Solar bags - the Tristar and the Synapse?
    I'm glad I have my Tristar and Synapse in Indigo/Solar. Is this only a warning about the last of the Indigo bags in Ballistic nylon (Aeronaut, Tristar, and the like, including the Kit accessory)? Or are you discontinuing the Cordura offerings, too? Will the new color work with ultraviolet?

moriond

Leave a comment:

• gmanedit
    replied
    Hi, Darcy.

First, this is a great thread. It's wonderful to get a head's-up on last chances.

Second, may I suggest that some darkish blue should always be in the product line? Red, yellow, and blue are the basic colors. Purple is not a substitute for blue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X