Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,426   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 342
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get them before they're gone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lani
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick View Post
    finally! fluorescent pink ballistic nylon!!! ?

OK maybe not fluorescent. But maybe a mauve would be awesome. Actually, violet would be great, too.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Hey guys,

With everything we have in the works right now (lots of cool new things and updates!) we don't have the woman or man power to make sure we post an update every time a bag or color is being retired. I hope that's understandable. We're busy right now because, in large part, we strive to offer you many different colors, designs, and options (because we like that too!) When we're finished with some of the big projects we're working on and have added more staff, we'll try this again. I'll temporarily close this thread in a few days.

Leave a comment:

• ex machina
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Don't worry: colors like Indigo are leaving to make way for new colors that we hope to introduce soon.
    I lament the loss of Crimson, but having been around the block with Tom Bihn retirements before, I trust that the new stuff will be really awesome.

This just underlines what I have observed in the past: don't hesitate to buy a Bag/Color combo that grabs you. They don't stay around forever.

Perhaps in the future there might be limited runs of classic bags, bags discussed in the forums, that have a built in appeal? Like for example... (you know it's coming) the classic Steel/Steel/Cayenne Imago.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    The Tri-Star in Indigo/Solar is back in-stock. This is the last time it will be available, and we don't have many, so order soon if you'd like one.

Don't worry: colors like Indigo are leaving to make way for new colors that we hope to introduce soon.

Leave a comment:

• Sera
    replied
    Arg! Arg! I was about to order an Aeronaut and now I know that I couldn't get a matching Checkpoint Flyer later? Gah! Guess I'll be holding out. I'm sure you all know not everyone is living the gray and black life.
    Last edited by Sera; 03-08-2011, 09:33 AM. Reason: Spelling mudge

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    crimson and Iberian

I had the same sentiment on the two colors not clashing with my Crimson key strap and Iberian large Stuff Sack, they are different, but complement eachother nicely.

Leave a comment:

• wennefer
    replied
    Wow! No more crimson? It's a fabulous color--distinctive and visible, yet low-key (there's a depth to Tom Bihn crimson that I haven't seen in other manufacturers). I bought a Western Flyer in Crimson so it would stand out from all the black bags (e.g., when the flight attendant moves bags between bins). And it works so well with my Iberian packing cube. They're very different shades of red, but they don't clash.

Leave a comment:

• lotuseater
    replied
    I feel like you retired both of my jerseys in the last fortnight. So in future, I'll proudly inform anyone who asks that 'It's a Tom Bihn. You too can own one, but not in this phenomenal colour.'

From the decision to keep the 'corporate' colours over those with flair, I assume that Black and Steel are the perennial sellers. However, with the introduction of Iberian and Ultraviolet people want bright interiors to contrast the more conservative exteriors. I'm curious what the next couple of months will bring.

Leave a comment:

• gmanedit
    replied
    Wow—no blue, no red. Feels like a death in the family.

I can't image what could replace them.

(Oh yes I can.

(Purple.)

Leave a comment:

• ams123
    replied
    Darn, I wanted a Western Flyer to match my Aeronaut. :-(

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    1050d ballistic nylon news: in addition to Indigo, Crimson will be retiring. That leaves us with Steel and Black -- until the new color(s) make their debut in the next couple of months.
    Wow! That hits a lot of bags: Checkpoint Flyer, Superego, Ego, Zephyr, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, Aeronaut, Swift, Co-Pilot, Smart Alec, ID Bag,and Kit. And the color is already gone for others.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 02-17-2011, 10:32 AM. Reason: Added Smart Alec

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    1050d ballistic nylon news: in addition to Indigo, Crimson will be retiring. That leaves us with Steel and Black -- until the new color(s) make their debut in the next couple of months.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by indigo View Post
    Whew! You know how I hate being discontinued.
    That's pretty funny.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    You just have to have faith that the new color will be great. It's not as though your current Indigo Tri-Star is likely to wear out, although I imagine I could be seriously bummed out if the bag got lost or stolen and I couldn't replace the color. (But in the meantime, I did order once of the Swifts in Indigo/Black ballistic nylon before they disaapper -- even though I still also use my Crimson Lux, which is the version that preceded the Swift.)

moriond
    I am thinking of ordering an Indigo/Black Swift because I have and love yarn in the blue family but I already have a Sapphire/Black Swift and 3 others Swifts plus a Grape Lux.

And as a I do needlework, I need to use a bigger bag (Brain Bag) to store my finished projects before they get framed.

What do you think?
    Last edited by backpack; 02-16-2011, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• indigo
    replied
    Whew! You know how I hate being discontinued.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X