Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,525   Posts: 187,782   Members: 6,486   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, ozzyrussell.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of the Clear Organizer Wallet (your feedback is wanted!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Future of the Clear Organizer Wallet (your feedback is wanted!)

Read all about it in this new blog post... and comment there or here, if you're so inclined!
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/cow-feedback
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

I prefer the thinner black dividers to the stiffer option. I was lucky enough to grab a cOW recently, and really like the flexibility.
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by RosemaryOrchard View Post
      I prefer the thinner black dividers to the stiffer option. I was lucky enough to grab a cOW recently, and really like the flexibility.
      Got it. At this point, we think we're going to try to offer COWs with Texon dividers *and* COWS with Black microsuede dividers. Same color options for both. It's a bit more work on our end, but it's still tracking 50/50 as far as preference, so we think it would be the best solution.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I have a few of the original versions of the Clear Organizer Wallet (some with multiple colors inside) and the Ultrasuede is very good on the inside. No chance of messing up anything with any kinds of cards, and some cards have lots of delicate things now.

(I would like to suggest the cleaning cloths again!)

Comment

Thinner black dividers would be my choice

Comment

I have a problem. My bank recently switched to “tap to pay” debit cards as the only option. Since the arrival of my first of these cards my card has had to be replaced three times. I’m still using, and loving, my Nik’s wallet but now I keep that in my passport pouch for the RFID protection. Is there and option for the wallet with RFID, or anyone know where I can find the fabric?

Comment

anyone know where I can find the fabric?
              Here's a few sources:

https://nancysnotions.com/products/r...31689318596726
              https://www.amazon.com/rfid-fabric/s?k=rfid+fabric
              https://www.etsy.com/market/faraday_fabric
              Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Comment

Thank you. Interesting that the same page shows a device to copy RFID cards and key fobs.

Comment

Originally posted by chari View Post
                  I have a problem. My bank recently switched to “tap to pay” debit cards as the only option. Since the arrival of my first of these cards my card has had to be replaced three times. I’m still using, and loving, my Nik’s wallet but now I keep that in my passport pouch for the RFID protection. Is there and option for the wallet with RFID, or anyone know where I can find the fabric?
                  If it’s only a question of one or two debit cards that you want to protect, you may be able to purchase individual RFID sleeves. I have Global Entry, and the card is mailed to you inside an RFID sleeve. I can fit the card with its RFID protective sleeve into my Nik’s wallet, or I can slip another credit card or debit card into that sleeve and fit it into my Nik’s wallet. (Since I renewed my Global Entry Card the new card was also sent to me in a separate RFID sleeve).

HTH

moriond

Comment

Silent Pocket offers a 5-Pack of RFID Card Sleeves.

They also offer faraday material and faraday tape.

Comment

I'm probably going to give the next round of clear organizer wallets a try. I tend to switch methods every six months or so, because nothing ever feels satisfying to me as a solution. I'm currently using Nik's Minimalist Wallet, which is great because it is so tiny and can clip to something for security, but after using it for a while, it has its drawbacks, including that it can take me too long to locate one of the cards in the back. I've also tried Fjallraven (which I still use for all my travel stuff, in their passport size), and Chums.

When I travel, I feel like it's a good idea to have a range of debit and credit cards, since there can be issues about which ones are accepted in different countries. But on a daily basis, it seems like I hardly need the physical cards at all, since I'm set up for paying via my phone, though it's good to have a backup in case I run out of battery. I'm curious how many cards others carry (on a normal working day).
                      ----
                      All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                      Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                        I'm curious how many cards others carry (on a normal working day).
                        I'm using a Nik's Wallet.

Outside fabric pocket: main credit card; drivers license; Costco card (besides buying whatever, this is my main gas station)

Inside pocket#1: medical card; 2nd credit card; AAA card; debit card; paper auto insurance card; folded US$20 bill (emergency cash)

Inside pocket#2: Annual national parks pass (I've been wandering around the US); 2nd debit card

Since I normally don't carry another bag or purse for regular walking around, I also carry cash, US dollars folded in half, in the wallet... I find that I can easily carry 12 or more bills, and the elastic holds them in place.

So 9 main plastic cards and a couple of thin papers in the pockets, then a folded stack of cash

This has worked really well for me since the wallet was debuted.
                        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                          I'm curious how many cards others carry (on a normal working day).
                          I use Nik's Wallet with the loop so I can clip it into my EC or SK. I will not buy any wallet that doesn't have a way for me to tether it to my purse.

Outside pocket -- Credit card I use to pay for everything
                          Clear inside pocket - Emergency contact card, Driver's License, and $50 cash folded up
                          Fabric inside pocket - Debit card, auto insurance card, health insurance card, AAA membership card (though the latter three are stored on my phone)

This thread made me dig out my COW from deep storage to keep all my misc cards. I don't like the COW as an everyday wallet, but I realized it has a smaller form factor than my old wallet I was using before switching to Nik's.

First divider: transit pass, library card
                          Second divider - HSA debit card
                          Third divider - store gift cards

Right now the COW is in a desk drawer, but I can easily grab it and clip it into the front zip pockets of the EC or SK if I think I'll need to use any of the cards that day.
                          Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

Working...
                          X