Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,525   Posts: 187,782   Members: 6,486   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, ozzyrussell.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paradigm vs Co-pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paradigm vs Co-pilot

Hi everyone! I don't post much, but I find this forum so incredibly helpful.

TL; DR: Could someone please post a picture of the Paradigm and Co-pilot next to each other? (And re-orient the Co-pilot on its side)

I think I am mainly a backpack kinda person. I'm fairly short at 5'0" and find carrying a lot of weight to be difficult. I used my halcyon S19 as my EDC for almost 4 years which I loved, and it was comfortable.

But then I decided to get a Co-pilot last year (525 ballistic) because it was more professional for work. The downsizing was a fun process - I got to play with all my various pouches and got creative about re-packaging my essentials. In the end, I was able to fit everything I needed in the Co-pilot, even my Windows tablet.

I now find my circumstances at work have changed a bit, and I'll be doing a bit more walking between buildings for meetings and carrying my tablet charger, so the Co-pilot is solidly packed and heavier. It's harder for me to carry on one shoulder, and carrying cross-body makes my back sore. When I saw the Paradigm, I immediately had to have it.

I am beyond excited to get it, and am already thinking of ways to organise it. It seems like it will be more flexible to organise.

Thanks for reading.

Here's my early morning, poor lighting shot. When I put these items back to back, they are very close in size. These are both empty.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2192.JPG Views:	0 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	336591
    Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Comment

Thanks for the photo, sturbridge . It's interesting that the Co-pilot looks longer than the Paradigm even though it's listed as 25mm shorter (in width), but maybe that's because they're both empty. How do compare the two in terms of use?

Comment

I hope you enjoy the Paradigm! It's a wonderful bag. I had a review copy and ended up giving it to my sister (who loves it), so I can't compare it to my Co-Pilot, but the only reason I gave it up is that I typically carry a much larger bag. I think sometimes the dimensions are less important than how it packs up for you and your particular stuff, so you'll have to see. The way I'd think of the Paradigm is that the back compartment can probably hold all technology and flat-style items you now place in the back compartment of the CP, plus some more, and then you have the Paradigm's water bottle compartment and all those pockets around it for the littler stuff. I think it will still look professional, particularly since you can pull your tablet out of the device pocket without too much fishing around.
        ----
        All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
        Edmund Burke

Comment

bchaplin I like your observation about it still looking professional. I've noticed more people in my industry carrying backpacks lately because we are becoming more nomadic in our work habits (e.g., hot-desking, or going from WFH to meetings and back), so I'm thinking the Paradigm will work and also fit my shorter frame a bit better. I had read that you gave away your Paradigm and kept the Zeitgeist, which made me think twice about it, but decided I couldn't live without the front pockets. I will also be carrying an A5 notebook and my Traveler's Notebook, plus a HLT1. So excited for early November!

Comment

I probably should have mentioned in that post, I have SO.MANY backpacks of different sizes already, otherwise I would have held onto them both. (For example, I have my Luminary 12 from way back when that was the smallest backpack offered.) I was really pleased to see my sister show up wearing it next time we met, so she must have found it useful. As for backpacks, it seems like they are more the norm than anything; lots of professionals on the commuter rail I take have them, and so do most of my coworkers and my boss.
            Last edited by bchaplin; 10-13-2021, 02:54 PM.
            ----
            All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
            Edmund Burke

Comment

Well, let us know what you think when you receive it! Really keeping my fingers crossed that the Zeitgeist and Paradigm will be big hits. Even if I can't wear one every day, I love the minibag concept and the way these two were designed -- hoping they'll stay in production.
              ----
              Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
              X