Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,369   Members: 6,553   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, LucaDebenh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I want a Large Cafe Bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I want a Large Cafe Bag?

Well obviously I WANT one... But should I buy one?

I just saw, to my surprise, that there are still LCBs for sale. I've been waffling on maybe getting a Maker's Bag to lug larger items around, but the landscape format and the floppier flap (ha) made me hesitate. But seeing the LCB made me pause and resconsider. I do like my SCB and MCB quite a lot, so the LCB would fit right in (also... it's less expensive).

What I'm mostly wondering about is, does it fit the D&D sourcebooks? Since that's probably what I'd mostly be using it for! If not, I'll probably start saving up for the MB since I know they do fit in that bag.
    Also, I'm considering Seapine Green, but is it really as teal as it looks on the photo? (Heh, my SCB is redblend and my MCB is Nordic so that's gonna be an interesting arrangement of colours.)

Thanks in advance!

LindaH82 the LCB came out of the design vault/retirement for a pre-order earlier this year. The ones you see showing available today are the last ones, so if you're interested now's the time. If no one chimes in on the manuals fitting, try the fine folks in Customer Service 🙂

See this blog post for more info on the restock of limited quantity items today

https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/l...ticle-comments
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Oh I didn't think about asking customer service! Thanks for the tip, I'll ask them.
      And yeah, I think I may just have to bite the bullet and order....

Comment

I don't have the manuals nowadays but I'd be very surprised if they didn't fit. The LCB is ample.

Comment

Ok I pulled the trigger anyway - didn't want to risk losing out on it. Seapine LCB for me! I'm pretty confident the manuals are going to fit; the MCB fits an A4 sheet of paper so yeah, hopefully the LCB is big enough.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaH82 View Post
            Ok I pulled the trigger anyway - didn't want to risk losing out on it. Seapine LCB for me! I'm pretty confident the manuals are going to fit; the MCB fits an A4 sheet of paper so yeah, hopefully the LCB is big enough.
            If you are so inclined, please consider sharing your pack out once you get your bag ☺️
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Will do! Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics too, once I figure out how to, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaH82 View Post
                Will do! Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics too, once I figure out how to, haha.

https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...als#post330587

Comment

Ah, I see you already purchased the bag. Good idea. The Large Café is one of the more reasonably priced, high capacity bags Bihn offers. The marketing photos and video clips seem to indicate large format books easily fit. You'll be able to modify it with stiffener board or a bit of thought and minimum sewing skills.

Comment

Ok I'm back! The bag actually arrived about a week after I'd ordered it (the shipping time to Europe honestly feels freakishly fast!) but I didn't get a chance to put it into action until my first D&D session yesterday.

I. LOVE. IT. This is the PERFECT bag for Dungeons & Dragons! The books fit in both upright *and* sideways with room to spare. I can easily fit three books in it and have room left over for a notebook and a few pouches of stuff. Plus the flap covers the opening well, and as with all Cafe Bags the open pocket on the back is great. The wider strap also feels comfortable, even with the weight of the books (those things are HEAVY).
                    Plus Seapine Green is a great colour that is understated but not dull. All in all I am really glad I pulled the trigger and ordered it anyway because who knows when they will return? I am really glad I got this one instead of a Maker's Bag!

Some photos of the bag holding the Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, the Tyranny of Dragons adventure sourcebook, DM screen, a notebook, Ghost Whale Pouch with pens, and a zipper pouch (not TB) with dice. Yesterday I also had a Paperblank document folder with my notes and maps in it; it's a little bigger than the books, so it didn't fit all that comfortably sideways, but I had no problem with it standing upright, it still fit quite well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_24385.jpg Views:	5 Size:	3.82 MB ID:	337030
                    The books standing upright. There's even room for a water bottle or a rolled-up map.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211108_130332.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.81 MB ID:	337036
                    Sideways! There's about 3-4 inches of room left on the top of the bag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211108_130352.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	337038
                    Closed, with all my stuff protected.
                    Last edited by LindaH82; 11-08-2021, 05:42 AM. Reason: Edited lots because the photo uploader wouldn't cooperate

Comment

Working...
                    X