Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,583   Posts: 188,374   Members: 6,553   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, articulate.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11/29 Debut & Restock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmoneysong View Post
    Always enjoy reading the “Updates and What’s next” blogs. Really helps manage expectations.
    Does the DLBC w/ new attachment points fall in the MB/DLBP timeline?
    Good to know: are there any other topics you'd like us to cover? We'll continue to share updates on supplier-side delays, upcoming changes, new fabrics and colors, as well as new designs. I think we'll also share more about our production capacity as we go into 2022. Lots to share, as usual!

The next batch of Daylight Briefcases hasn't been officially scheduled yet. Could be around the MB/DLBP timeline, though it remains to be seen.

Originally posted by Stefab View Post
    Hello,
    Will the synik in cordura 1000D Olive be available in the November 29th restock?
    Thanks
    Yes, it will be. All "In Production" colors of the Synik 30 will be stocked on 11/29 with one exception: Wilderness/Northwest Sky will be restocked in January.

Originally posted by ayazgood View Post
    Darcy - any word on availability of T45 frame? Also, what is the weight? (not shown in description) - Thanks.
    We'll restock the Techonaut 30 and Techonaut 45 Internal Frames on 11/29 as well. And I see that the weights hadn't been added yet: just updated the page with those, so thanks for pointing that out!

I would add that, so far, the feedback has been that folks haven't found the frames necessary or all that beneficial. Just wanted to put that out there since I think sometimes the fact that we offer such an accessory implies that it's necessary somehow, which isn't the case: we wanted to offer the frames so folks had options, but they aren't necessary.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by John1970 View Post
      Darcy -- Hello! Is there an estimated date for when the Techonauts will transition from the Design Lab label to the regular label? I'm holding out for the regular label (or at least trying to, if my willpower will cooperate). I thought the Design Lab was a pre-order only label, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Thanks for any update you can provide.
      Good question! It's often the case that the first production batches after pre-order will have the Design Lab label. I think the next run of Techonauts will also have the DL label, but that hasn't been decided for sure just yet. I'd expect that by mid-2022 they'll have the regular plane label. Hope that helps a bit.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Darcy - will Black and/ or Neb Grey Everday Cubelets be part of the 11/29 restock?

And of those 2 materials, which would you say has less 'structure'/ stiffness (630 Recycled v. 525 Ballistic)?

Comment

Originally posted by -dustin View Post
          Darcy - will Black and/ or Neb Grey Everday Cubelets be part of the 11/29 restock?

And of those 2 materials, which would you say has less 'structure'/ stiffness (630 Recycled v. 525 Ballistic)?
          Nebulous will be restocked on 11/29, Black is in the next batch after that..... could be done as soon as the end of December. 525d and 630d have a very similar stiffness/structure/hand: I'd say the 525d has an every-so-slightly bit more of a structured feel than the 630d.

Comment

Love the look of the Tray Bien (love a punny name as well!) - can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Thank you for including so much info about new products and timelines for both new and old items! It’s really helpful to know what is coming up, so that I can budget and plan appropriately.

When will the Side Kick in Night Walk/Tidal be available? And the S25 in Seapine Green?

It would also be great to have an update about the new Smart Alec - an estimate on when it will be available, colorways, changes to the design, etc. Darcy, are you able to share anything about that?

The Tray Bien looks like it will be very useful. I’m going to make myself wait for it though - at least until I order the Side Kick or S25.

Comment

The new duffel bag looks pretty nice. The size — I think I read 22 litres — strikes me as being a bit small for a duffel bag. I tried on the idea of my Synapse 25 as a big open bag and then it began to seem a little more plausible, and the pictures make it look big. I'll look forward to hearing a few reports on it.

One other thing. Please just put the label on straight next time. The slant is straight Oshkosh b'gosh.
                Last edited by del; 11-29-2021, 03:14 AM. Reason: removed a question I found an answer to

Comment

Originally posted by del View Post
                  One other thing. Please just put the label on straight next time. The slant is straight Oshkosh b'gosh.
                  But then the text would be crooked..

My favorite is the design labs label, myself.

Comment

The new duffel bag looks pretty nice. The size — I think I read 22 litres — strikes me as being a bit small for a duffel bag. I tried on the idea of my Synapse 25 as a big open bag and then it began to seem a little more plausible, and the pictures make it look big. I'll look forward to hearing a few reports on it.
                    There's a few over in the "Photos" forum already:
                    https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...all-first-look
                    https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...ar-of-gym-bags

Comment

I'm getting a OSCA in black because it's the perfect size duffle for gym and travel and I'm going to pretend the label isn't on the bag because it bugs me too. Wish the black options came with the blackout label.

Comment

Lots of strong feelings about labels! I'm ok with the red airplane, blackout label or the moon one (which is trending to be my favorite right now). But I look at the overall color scheme. Certain combinations (whether it's the interior lining or the label), particularly orange and red, green and blue, or blue/purple and red, (with some exceptions), will make me avoid that version. For example, I like Taiga, but wouldn't choose that exterior with the moon label because, to me, those colors don't blend well. So that pushes me to stick to more neutral exteriors -- Coyote, Ursa and black combine with everything.

I've noticed that some people feel so strongly that they are removing and replacing the blackout label with the airplane one, but the preferences between the two seem to go in both directions.
                        ----
                        All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                        Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                          Lots of strong feelings about labels! I'm ok with the red airplane, blackout label or the moon one (which is trending to be my favorite right now). But I look at the overall color scheme. Certain combinations (whether it's the interior lining or the label), particularly orange and red, green and blue, or blue/purple and red, (with some exceptions), will make me avoid that version. For example, I like Taiga, but wouldn't choose that exterior with the moon label because, to me, those colors don't blend well. So that pushes me to stick to more neutral exteriors -- Coyote, Ursa and black combine with everything.

I've noticed that some people feel so strongly that they are removing and replacing the blackout label with the airplane one, but the preferences between the two seem to go in both directions.
                          Agreed, I thought the same thing about the Taiga with the moon version. (Though I will say that Taiga photographs more yellow than it appears in person so maybe the label works a little better than it seems.)

Comment

Just wanted to point out for Shop Bag lovers and those tracking new Cerylon products:
                            Small & Large Zip-Top Shop Bags (Cerylon + other fabrics)
                            Small & Large Original Shop Bags (Cerylon + other fabrics)

Comment

Can I also say that I love the 3 Ways to Wrap Gifts with the Shepherd's Wool Utility Cloths! - YouTube vidéo?

Comment

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post

But then the text would be crooked..
                                Yeah, I mean change the label itself and apply it without the "jazzy" slant. It's embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                                X