Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,822   Posts: 191,278   Members: 6,721   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wish the synik was available in a 19 litre capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish the synik was available in a 19 litre capacity

My synapse 19 is the perfect size for me. It would be perfect if it had a hidden pocket for my wallet/tablet, like the synik. I’ve tried carrying my synapse 25 but it’s too heavy when full, so I think I would have the same issue with the synik 22.

I own both the Synapse 19 and Synik 22, and have used both as my work EDC. I don't feel a difference in comfort between the two. The only real difference I noticed is in the capacity. When I used my Synik I could put my lunchbox inside it while also carrying my laptop. When I used my Synapse I would put my laptop in a sleeve and there wasn't enough room for my lunchbox.

Comment

I dunno, the S22 is noticeably smaller (in use) than the S25. The difference is not as drastic, in my opinion, between the S19 and S22, so I'd say it's closer in size to the S19 even though it's technically 3L of difference either way. The dimensions match the S19 more closely too. I also suspect the extra materials make it feel like it's on the smaller size.

Either way, you might be pleasantly surprised if you try one out.

Comment

Originally posted by cucumber.sandwich View Post
        My synapse 19 is the perfect size for me. It would be perfect if it had a hidden pocket for my wallet/tablet, like the synik. I’ve tried carrying my synapse 25 but it’s too heavy when full, so I think I would have the same issue with the synik 22.
        Not sure I have well understood. If it’s too heavy when full, then perhaps don’t fully fill it? The weight is surely predominantly what you are choosing to carry, not significantly the bag itself?

Comment

I am one of those people that can’t seem to resist using the full capacity that I have available to me, so when presented with a few extra litres, the temptation to fill it would be there. I manage the weight of my bag by carrying a smaller bag, if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by cucumber.sandwich View Post
            I am one of those people that can’t seem to resist using the full capacity that I have available to me, so when presented with a few extra litres, the temptation to fill it would be there. I manage the weight of my bag by carrying a smaller bag, if that makes sense.
            cucumber.sandwich I know that it is not easy to make these decisions without trying on the bag, but you might find the Synik 22 a more manageable option than you think, because it incorporates a built-in frame structure in the back of the bag, and because the frame is part of the basic design of the bag, instead of being an add-on, like the frame sheets for the Synapses, it achieves the extra support without covering the full back. The edgeless strap design may also help you feel that the weight carries better on your shoulders. Remember, too, that if you’re using the laptop compartment for a tablet and wallet access (or other items), that this also counts as part of the volume. If you’re not using that space to carry a 13” laptop, but a smaller tablet, you’re unlikely to be able to stuff the remaining space there with other multiple small items to completely fill it.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Thanks for your input, moriond. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X