Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,770   Posts: 190,609   Members: 6,653   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, bulletproofcharm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13C (2021 14" Macbook Pro) Cache sold out already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by DoveSonation View Post
    Mine just arrived and it is a lot looser fit than the 2018 MBP 13” cache. I don’t know if this is an intentional design change but it’s got approximately 1” too much space in width, and I could fit multiple iPads on top of the laptop inside the cache, whereas with the 2018 model, it was a super snug fit.

Wondering if mine is an outlier or if these are not as snug on purpose.

(It is tagged with 13c so I didn’t order the wrong size.)
    Thanks for reaching out to us about this DoveSonation

I just received my 14" MBP and I'd say the 13C is a good fit for it. Pic below. I know from talking with Kat and Cody that your particular 13C is on its way back to us, so once it arrives, I'll try it with my 14"... maybe it was just an off one?!

Click image for larger version

Name:	13C-Cache.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	337953

Leave a comment:

• drobeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Lartymarf View Post

Just make sure you measure your items and check against the specs on TB website.
    The problem with that is that the Cache sizing chart (at https://www.tombihn.com/pages/dimens...pecs#fit-guide ) has an outdated description for the 13C: "13C (Pre-2017 13" Macbook Pro or iPad Pro 12.9")". Hard to know what you're actually getting if you order that.

Leave a comment:

• Lartymarf
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
    As an alternative, you could do what I do -- get the biggest cache they make (or maybe two sizes, a medium size and the largest, depending on the size of the bags you're carrying) and then *all* of your devices will fit, present and future.

Saves money in the long run and it doesn't hurt to have an inch or two of slack in the cache. It gives you wiggle room for protective cases, in fact.
    That's what I did. I got the 15C to fit a 14 inch laptop and there is wiggle room for notebook and business papers and thin folder, also accommodates my 10-11 inch and 13 inch ipads. More importantly with some wiggle room it's easier to take out and put in the laptop and ipads. A snug fit takes more effort to move the laptop in and out. This is OK for me as the laptop doesn't swim around in the cache. Just make sure you measure your items and check against the specs on TB website.

Leave a comment:

• DoveSonation
    replied
    If this is the intended size, it errs on the side of too loose, imho, my 14" MacBook is swimming inside it, especially in terms of thickness, there's a big open air pocket on top of the computer, eating up space inside the backpack for no reason. I'll reach out to Tom Bihn's support team.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Welcome to the forums DoveSonation Information on tightness of fit for the new caches is useful to have, since you’re correct that the design of the caches from a few years ago tended to be tight compared to slightly earlier times. Because of the wealth of diffère cache models, and the custom of identifying them with a particular model and release year, these features are hard to track without the inputs from current forum members.And I know there’s a lot of interest in the Cache for 14” MacBook, since this a brand new release.

moriond

Leave a comment:

• DoveSonation
    replied
    Mine just arrived and it is a lot looser fit than the 2018 MBP 13” cache. I don’t know if this is an intentional design change but it’s got approximately 1” too much space in width, and I could fit multiple iPads on top of the laptop inside the cache, whereas with the 2018 model, it was a super snug fit.

Wondering if mine is an outlier or if these are not as snug on purpose.

(It is tagged with 13c so I didn’t order the wrong size.)

Leave a comment:

• jim.correia
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post

It did indeed sell out! It's back up as "In Production" so you can sign up to be notified via email when it's restocked. We've already ordered more/will begin making them soon and I expect they'll be restocked in early January.
    Thanks, Darcy. I did sign up again, and hopefully this time I'll get an order in before they sell out.

—Jim

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by jim.correia View Post
    Was the 2021 14" MBP Cache part of this morning's restock?

And sold out before I got a chance to order one? 😱
    It did indeed sell out! It's back up as "In Production" so you can sign up to be notified via email when it's restocked. We've already ordered more/will begin making them soon and I expect they'll be restocked in early January.

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    As an alternative, you could do what I do -- get the biggest cache they make (or maybe two sizes, a medium size and the largest, depending on the size of the bags you're carrying) and then *all* of your devices will fit, present and future.

Saves money in the long run and it doesn't hurt to have an inch or two of slack in the cache. It gives you wiggle room for protective cases, in fact.
    Last edited by Surrealle; 12-14-2021, 10:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by jim.correia View Post

It was on the restock list on the blog post, so it does look like it sold out. You can always contact Customer Service to confirm and/or see if someone cancels one... Lately, once something is sold out, any cancels or returns are usually listed at a later date as a limited quantity restock

Leave a comment:

• 13C (2021 14" Macbook Pro) Cache sold out already?

Working...
X