Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,503   Posts: 187,552   Members: 6,462   Active Members: 326
Welcome to our newest member, Timewalker.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swift backpack version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swift backpack version?

Yay! Now that I am activated , I can post my burning desire for the Swift to be made in a backpack style! I commute by bus here in Seattle, which means standing in some crappy weather a fair chunk of the year so it'd be great to have a sealed up bag. Not to mention the easier-to-carry load. I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

Thanks!

Welcome, flushpuppy! Tom is designing a small backpack (even smaller than the Synapse.) I hope it debuts in 2011! I don't think it will be knitting-specific, but it will have great organization like the Swift (and Synapse.)
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Yay! Clear pockets and wide enough for yarn sacks please! And lots of key thingies! Plus a couple outside pockets.

Comment

How similar will this new smaller backpack be to the Ruck's Sac?

Comment

Originally posted by marbenais View Post
          How similar will this new smaller backpack be to the Ruck's Sac?
          No idea -- it's still in the very early design stages.
          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I hope it's different from the Ruck's Sac:

1. No pockets sticking out like excrescences. Streamlined, following the aethetic since the Smart Alec.

2. No drawstrings. Closure with a zipper or zippers.

Comment

A smaller version of the Smart Alec would work well for what I have in mind.

Comment

In the meantime, the Packing Cube/Backpack for the Aeronaut is very useful for handling yarn project.

The lower pocket can hold three round skein, one large and one round skein or a large handmade spool of yarn.

The main compartment can certainly fit small and medium size projects such as socks and hats and even a baby blanket and a shawl.

The O ring can hold Organizer Pouches for needles and other accessories.

I don't know about the water resistance of the bag as I only use it by itself in the summer.

Comment

Working...
                X