Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,772   Posts: 190,625   Members: 6,655   Active Members: 261
Welcome to our newest member, basil.bourque.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would I find a Smart Alec for my Fiancé?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John1970 View Post

Yes, Darcy I definitely second this request. I have a nordic halcyon SA and was really hoping to add a Nightwalk, OG Halcyon, or Black Halcyon. Also, any option for a frame sheet? I'm glad to see the SA return and hope it sticks around for more than a single production run! (Also, liking the Paramour!).
    John1970 I haven't seen a response to your question about a frame sheet, so I'll just mention that when we experimented with how the different frame sheets could act as options for a variety of bags, I think the most optimal solution (for me) was the frame sheet for Aeronaut 30 paired with its own T-bar for suspending from the cache webbing loops. The frame sheet for the Aeronaut 45 is currently in stock (and the frame sheet for the Aeronaut 30 is not), but that one is slightly long for the Smart Alec (pushes against the bottom of the bag when it is inserted). The forum update has done a fair job of messing with links and also dropping a lot of relevant pictures so that you have to really work to retrieve what's there, but most of the excerpted content and images relevant to the Aeronaut 30 frame sheets used in the Smart Alecs can be found in the Frame Sheet for the Brain Bag thread. It is seriously not worth the effort it would take to track down the original images showing how bad the various Synapse frame sheet fits are for this usage.

BTW, I remember how intensely some earlier forum members lobbied for a return of the Smart Alec, and I feel really sad that some forum members like panda2mama who posted so often requesting its return may not be aware of this preorder.

HTH (and yes, I have the Smart Alec in New Black Halcyon/Island with both matching upper and lower modular among my bags). I will comment that I found the webbing fits to the Upper and Lower Modular pocket gatekeeper clips seemed much tighter in the later versions of the bag than on the earlier Halcyon or 1050d Ballistic versions of the Smart Alec.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
      BTW, I remember how intensely some earlier forum members lobbied for a return of the Smart Alec, and I feel really sad that some forum members like panda2mama who posted so often requesting its return may not be aware of this preorder.
      I can tell you that panda2mama did pre-order a SA the moment it opened so they're definitely aware of it
      Black/Tidal Smart Alec, Night Walk Daylight Backpack, Navy/Cloud Road Buddy 36, everything Acuity and Fjord

Comment

Working...
      X