Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,623   Posts: 188,921   Members: 6,609   Active Members: 294
Welcome to our newest member, lammy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synapse and 15.6" PC laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synapse and 15.6" PC laptop

Hi. I'm looking at the synapse 25 for my son for his college backpack. I can't find the laptop compartment measurements on the chart for the synapse.

Will a laptop with these dimensions fit? 14" x 9.25" x .75"

My 15"x10" laptop in a sleeve fits just fine in the S25.

Comment

The Synapses don't have laptop compartments. They're designed for use with the caches, which have various sizes. For a dedicated laptop compartment you'll want to go with the Synik bags (probably the 30L rather than the 22L).

Comment

Originally posted by thepatternslave View Post
        Hi. I'm looking at the synapse 25 for my son for his college backpack. I can't find the laptop compartment measurements on the chart for the synapse.

Will a laptop with these dimensions fit? 14" x 9.25" x .75"
        Originally posted by Salmanila8 View Post
        My 15"x10" laptop in a sleeve fits just fine in the S25.
        Hi thepatternslave Yes, the laptop dimensions you specify will fit into a Synapse 25. I would check with customer support for the optimal cache size to get for that laptop, since the way the laptop is suspended down the back of the bag in a cache will probably provide the most comfortable carrying experience. For reference purposes, the laptop dimensions you give are smaller than those of the 16” MacBook models we started getting questions about in 2020 (see for example, Will a 16" Macbook Pro fit in the Synapse 25?? The links inside the reply posts won’t work correctly due to the forum reindexing from the upgrade to vBulletin5 last Spring, but all the dimension information is quoted).

As Surrealle noted, the Synapse 25 stores the laptop inside the main compartment of the backpack, instead of using a separate externally accessible laptop compartment, such as in the Synik design.

HTH

moriond
        Last edited by moriond; 01-08-2022, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks, folks!

Comment

Working...
          X