Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,233   Members: 6,597   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, ellemef.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Color coordinating yeomans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color coordinating yeomans

Looking forward to the yeoman preorder. Quick poll for those with multiple sizes of yeomans (or any bag!). One color for all the sizes, or build a rainbow?

Different colours definitely. Easy to
    keep track of whose bag is who's in the family.

Or if it's just you travelling, easy to remember "blue was correct size for abc trip" "green was correct size for xyz packing list"

Also so much easier to describe a colour if you ever need to ask someone "hey please pass me the orange bag"

There'll be no mistaking which one is the right bag

Comment

Definitely rainbow! Everything bijoux said plus it helps you remember where stuff is packed.
      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Same color, or at least limited to just two colors. My Yeomans are both in Burnt Orange (my fave TB color, by far), but not quite right for my needs. I've also been transitioning to black bags, so I'm getting a small Black and a medium Burnt Orange.

---

As an aside: reading this forum over the years, it has struck me that my brain does not process color like it does for most(?) people. I cannot interpret colors to mean a certain thing, like X color is for A person. My brain sees the color but it's hard to process anything else. Using bijoux example: if there were multiple bags in a rainbow of colors, I'd have to think an extra beat or two to determine what color I'm actually looking at and then (this is the hard part) try to remember what/who that color represents. I've learned to get over any embarrassment if I bring back the wrong item in situations like that. "No, I asked for the yellow one, not the green one." I know the difference between yellow and green, but not so when Yellow means A and Green means B. It's needlessly difficult, especially when it's a lot easier and for me to categorize by a different metric, like size.

This is also why I inwardly cringe when people strongly poo-poo the grays as liner colors; some people need low-contrast colors for a variety of reasons. I'd honestly stop buying TB bags if a gray lining interior was no longer offered. My first TB bag was a Black Cordura/Wasabi MCB and, goodness, I couldn't find anything in that bag. I'd just open it up and see BRIGHTCOLORBRIGHTCOLORBRIGHTCOLOR and my brain would do a mini short circuit as I haphazardly dug around in the bag trying to get what I needed. Problem solved when I bought a bag with Steel lining, and now NWS and Cloud linings.
        Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

I don’t have a problem having different sizes in the same color, but I often like colors equally so I got different sizes in different colors. My Yeomans are Steel, Navy and Black.

Comment

Hope no one minds me piggy-backing on this thread, as I don't think my question is important enough for its own.

Darcy, how long will this pre-order run, and are there limited quantities of any of the Yeoman duffels? Thanks!

Comment

I did alternating colors for my yeoman duffels. Aubergine mini, coyote small, aubergine medium, and coyote large. It makes a big pb and j tower and helps me easily identify which bag is which size.

Comment

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
                Hope no one minds me piggy-backing on this thread, as I don't think my question is important enough for its own.

Darcy, how long will this pre-order run, and are there limited quantities of any of the Yeoman duffels? Thanks!
                Not working for TB, but on the blog post it says: "Pre-order closes 2/1." Which, I assume, is February 1st, in that weird date format that 'mericans use

And since it's a pre-order, there should be no limitation. They will only start sewing these bags once all the orders are in and they know exactly how many they have to make. Material shortages could be an issue, though, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post

Not working for TB, but on the blog post it says: "Pre-order closes 2/1." Which, I assume, is February 1st, in that weird date format that 'mericans use

And since it's a pre-order, there should be no limitation. They will only start sewing these bags once all the orders are in and they know exactly how many they have to make. Material shortages could be an issue, though, I guess.
                  Thank you! Ugh, I checked the blog post twice and still missed it somehow. I feel dumb, lol.

And I asked about limitations because that was an issue on a past preorder for a few of the fabrics. Hopefully it won't be this time around because I may need to order closer to the end of the time period.

Comment

Not really colour related (but Yeoman related) … is only the 70L size being produced?

Comment

Originally posted by Yarpy View Post
                      Not really colour related (but Yeoman related) … is only the 70L size being produced?
                      All sizes, same colour/fabric as the last run. They should show on the drop downs.
                      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

All sizes, same colour/fabric as the last run. They should show on the drop downs.
                        Thx. I missed that.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for your responses! I couldn’t figure out how to have multiple quotes threaded together…

bijoux and G42 you have convinced me to go rainbow! b1gsky it helps that I love more than one (maybe all?) color.

Aeon, I definitely see the appeal of a matching set and the crispness of black. As an aside, I think that you just don’t use/need colors as part of your organization system. You likely have some other device that works better for you to categorize and group things!

theswiftbiker, I love the PBJ tower!! That is amazing!! And you can just go big/small
                          color And are still differentiated. So great!

Happily perusing the yeoman colors

Comment

Originally posted by puffin View Post
                            Thank you to everyone for your responses! I couldn’t figure out how to have multiple quotes threaded together…
                            This way of doing multiquote will only work when all the posts you want to quote appear on the same page (you’d have to reset the number of posts per page to get some of these together)

Go ahead and press the “quote” button for the posts you want to quote. Let’s say you pressed 3 quote keys, all on the same web page. At the top of the web page you’ll see a Post Reply (3) key ( or however many posts you chose to quote). Press that button and all three of the posts you selected will show up quoted i the reply area. You can go ahead and delete any parts of the quoted sections that you want to leave out.

HTH

moriond

Comment

I really like Steel 1050 and Burnt Orange 1050, but I LOVE Verde, so I’m probably going to get 2 Verdes and one each of the others. I plan on using the large for storage so that’ll be one of the Verdes. I have a black 1050 a45, otherwise I’d probably mix that in and go rainbow.

Comment

Working...
                              X