Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,673   Members: 6,660   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, JFlyer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Color coordinating yeomans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autolycus
    replied
    I have ended up with just 1 repeat color in our family of Yeoman. We have Aubergine and Coyote minis and Navy and Steel smalls presently. I have pre-ordered a Black medium and an Aubergine large. I almost did a Verde large instead, but I have a different brand duffle in a similar color, and I wanted to be able to tell that one apart quickly. The repeat Aubergine is because that's my wife's preferred color, and it won't be hard to distinguish from her mini!

My preferred color is Navy, and that's the color of my A45. Easy to tell the difference between the A45 and small YD, even in the same color.

My wife also has an Aubergine A30, but again, there's little risk of confusion as to which bag is which since mini-YD, A30, and large-YD are quite distinct.

The dog's stuff will go in the Coyote or Steel, depending on how long the trip is, and how much food we're bringing for her. Other random shared stuff can go in either of those or the medium Black or large Aubergine YDs.
    Last edited by autolycus; 01-31-2022, 12:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Salmanila8
    replied
    I ordered a small Navy, top go with the mini and large Navy we already have at home. Somehow a small Burnt Orange one also made its way into the cart.

I like to assign colors to people, so I got Aubergine and Burnt Orange minis for my kids last year.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    thepatternslave - sounds like you need an orange as a gift for your son and a defensive maneuver to distract from one you keep for yourself

Leave a comment:

• thepatternslave
    replied
    I ordered a mini verde and a small aubergine. I also wanted a mini burnt orange but then I realized they were scooby doo colors and it might be a bit much. Don't want folks to think I'm one of those meddling kids.

I want another bag but am stumped. Another small or another mini? They're so useful!

Then there's the question of what color... burnt orange or olive? red blend? A fun color also means most of the other people in my house are less likely to use my nice bag - though any orange would be at risk of my son snagging it.

gah!! I'm spoiled for choice.

Leave a comment:

• puffin
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    That’s them on the right:
    Pocket Pouches next to Parental Unit
    A beautiful Tom Bihn rainbow!

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by Boaz View Post
    I really like Steel 1050 and Burnt Orange 1050, but I LOVE Verde, so I’m probably going to get 2 Verdes and one each of the others. I plan on using the large for storage so that’ll be one of the Verdes. I have a black 1050 a45, otherwise I’d probably mix that in and go rainbow.
    1050d Ballistic Nylon Burnt Orange has a really nice sheen that you don’t see as much in the 525d Ballistic Nylon fabric. I was first really made aware of this when I got my Small Yeoman Duffel in Burnt Orange (I got the Mini Yeoman Duffel in Steel). If you like these textures and colors, you might consider getting a Pocket Pouch in one or more of these colors (They have Burnt Orange with Island, Northwest Sky and Wasabi, although Verde is currently sold out),When I ordered my Parental Unit, I added a Pocket Pouch in Burnt Orange / Northwest Sky, and a second one in Verde/Solaris.

That’s them on the right:
    Pocket Pouches  next to Parental Unit

Leave a comment:

• Boaz
    replied
    I really like Steel 1050 and Burnt Orange 1050, but I LOVE Verde, so I’m probably going to get 2 Verdes and one each of the others. I plan on using the large for storage so that’ll be one of the Verdes. I have a black 1050 a45, otherwise I’d probably mix that in and go rainbow.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by puffin View Post
    Thank you to everyone for your responses! I couldn’t figure out how to have multiple quotes threaded together…
    This way of doing multiquote will only work when all the posts you want to quote appear on the same page (you’d have to reset the number of posts per page to get some of these together)

Go ahead and press the “quote” button for the posts you want to quote. Let’s say you pressed 3 quote keys, all on the same web page. At the top of the web page you’ll see a Post Reply (3) key ( or however many posts you chose to quote). Press that button and all three of the posts you selected will show up quoted i the reply area. You can go ahead and delete any parts of the quoted sections that you want to leave out.

HTH

moriond

Leave a comment:

• puffin
    replied
    Thank you to everyone for your responses! I couldn’t figure out how to have multiple quotes threaded together…

bijoux and G42 you have convinced me to go rainbow! b1gsky it helps that I love more than one (maybe all?) color.

Aeon, I definitely see the appeal of a matching set and the crispness of black. As an aside, I think that you just don’t use/need colors as part of your organization system. You likely have some other device that works better for you to categorize and group things!

theswiftbiker, I love the PBJ tower!! That is amazing!! And you can just go big/small
    color And are still differentiated. So great!

Happily perusing the yeoman colors

Leave a comment:

• Yarpy
    replied
    Originally posted by G42 View Post

All sizes, same colour/fabric as the last run. They should show on the drop downs.
    Thx. I missed that.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by Yarpy View Post
    Not really colour related (but Yeoman related) … is only the 70L size being produced?
    All sizes, same colour/fabric as the last run. They should show on the drop downs.

Leave a comment:

• Yarpy
    replied
    Not really colour related (but Yeoman related) … is only the 70L size being produced?

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post

Not working for TB, but on the blog post it says: "Pre-order closes 2/1." Which, I assume, is February 1st, in that weird date format that 'mericans use

And since it's a pre-order, there should be no limitation. They will only start sewing these bags once all the orders are in and they know exactly how many they have to make. Material shortages could be an issue, though, I guess.
    Thank you! Ugh, I checked the blog post twice and still missed it somehow. I feel dumb, lol.

And I asked about limitations because that was an issue on a past preorder for a few of the fabrics. Hopefully it won't be this time around because I may need to order closer to the end of the time period.

Leave a comment:

• dirkhaun
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
    Hope no one minds me piggy-backing on this thread, as I don't think my question is important enough for its own.

Darcy, how long will this pre-order run, and are there limited quantities of any of the Yeoman duffels? Thanks!
    Not working for TB, but on the blog post it says: "Pre-order closes 2/1." Which, I assume, is February 1st, in that weird date format that 'mericans use

And since it's a pre-order, there should be no limitation. They will only start sewing these bags once all the orders are in and they know exactly how many they have to make. Material shortages could be an issue, though, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• theswiftbiker
    replied
    I did alternating colors for my yeoman duffels. Aubergine mini, coyote small, aubergine medium, and coyote large. It makes a big pb and j tower and helps me easily identify which bag is which size.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X