Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,773   Posts: 190,626   Members: 6,656   Active Members: 263
Welcome to our newest member, basil.bourque.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any children's backpacks (besides the Sprout) in the works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any children's backpacks (besides the Sprout) in the works?

Hi! I'm thinking hard about picking up a Sprout in the upcoming restock even though my son is only 22 months....I've always loved the shape of the bag and Tom Bihn on a small person, what could be more cute?? However, I'm curious if there have any been any whispers about possible new children's backpacks...since he's not even two yet, I do have some time to wait if TB has something in the works...or is the Sprout really it as far as TB and children's bags?

I have not heard hints of other children's bags, but I'm not in the loop Personally, I'd say grab one if you feel tempted, as this seems to be a one-time release due to material issues at the time they were produced. I considered these for my nieces way back when they were first released, but didn't jump on it because I was told the kids prefer the cheapo (and pink) bags made by other companies. And before I could make a decision they were discontinued! Now they are both past that age. But I gave one of the kids a different Tom Bihn Bag (a Luminary 12, also discontinued) when she was about 7 years old, and she still wears it, which makes me think they would have liked the Sprout had I offered it.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 03-23-2022, 07:16 AM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Comment

I agree with bchaplin that you should grab one while you can. The Sprout isn’t necessarily big enough to be a school backpack (depends on the school and what they require your child to carry) but it could be a great preschool bag so you might use it sooner than you think, and of course for weekend use. It could also be great for trips; you may have seen some discussion in other threads about how much should a child carry on family trips and at what age. My kids use Luminary 12s for train trips and those work well for kids so if you don’t get the Sprout, you will have other options. I guess the main difference is probably the greater number of pockets on a Luminary.

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by caitirilt View Post
      Hi! I'm thinking hard about picking up a Sprout in the upcoming restock even though my son is only 22 months....I've always loved the shape of the bag and Tom Bihn on a small person, what could be more cute?? However, I'm curious if there have any been any whispers about possible new children's backpacks...since he's not even two yet, I do have some time to wait if TB has something in the works...or is the Sprout really it as far as TB and children's bags?

Last edited by Cristina; 03-24-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Thank you both! I think I'll jump on it; I love the idea of using it as a preschool bag.

Comment

Great, I hope you like it!

Comment

Working...
          X