Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,650   Members: 6,657   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, CamMattie.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Match or Mix Colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Match or Mix Colors?

Do you guys find that you tend to match your TB Bags across your collection, or do you mix up colors? I'm torn between having my bags match vs picking different colors? I'm planning on getting a MCB to be my EDC as I need a little bit more room than what the SCB has (I really love that bag though)!

I go with neutral exterior colors that all work well together and save bright colors for accessories. I find it helpful to choose exterior colors that compliment the colors I usually wear.

Comment

I don't specifically try to match anything, but most of the exterior colours for larger bags/carries, tend to be halcyon because I love the fabric, so that limits things. Of the ballistics/corduras, I tend to be blue/grey/brown in preference just because I like those colours more, though a couple greens have snuck in. I do have a couple complementary smaller bags or Shop Bags in Coyote just because it goes so well with every other colour, but I'm usually only carrying one bag at a time for normal use. With travel, it's usually something on my back and a Shop Bag in hand.
      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I try to get bags that will look good with my mostly navy wardrobe, but I also have to vary it a bit because sometimes it’s hard to tell bags apart when I am taking them out of the closet. Like G42 I love Halcyon and so I have a few bags in Night Walk, but before that it was either Black Halcyon, Navy, or Aubergine. Generally I prefer low contrast color palettes but a bright UV or Sitka is a nice contrast to my Navy wardrobe while still being in the same end of the rainbow, if you know what I mean.

Comment

I just go with whatever color I like in the bag that I want. However, I'm very boring and have a closet full of earthy and neutral colors, and that's also the colors that I'm drawn to in the bags that I carry, so my bags tend to match rather accidentally.

Comment

I'm usually just carrying one (larger) bag, like a backpack. But I'm very fixated on colors -- one of the reasons I like Tom Bihn so much, I think! So I'm happy if all my pouches complement each other, and the interior color. Currently I prefer the greens and browns, so my collection has shifted to Ursa, coyote, taiga, Moab and Boreal. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of Northwest Sky or Island, so I'm always searching for those rare items with an interior in my preferred color group, and something neutral outside, like black.
            ----
            All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
            Edmund Burke

Comment

For pieces that can't be carried together (such as two backpacks), I get different colors to go with whatever I decide to wear that day. If they are bags I intend to carry together, such as a backpack and messenger while traveling, I'd match them for a nice cohesive look.

Overall, my bags tend to fall in the cool color scheme, and I'm very prone to getting several of the same bag in different colors.

Comment

Heck no!Ttoo many colors, too little time: reds, oranges, purples, fluorescents, and neons. Shoot. my socks don't match.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback! I

Comment

Working...
                  X