Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,818   Posts: 191,201   Members: 6,712   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, peanutbuttersoup.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paragon in Night Walk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paragon in Night Walk?

Is there still hope for a Paragon in Night Walk or did that go up inflames when the mill shut down? I emailed customer service yesterday but haven’t heard back yet.

I'm assuming it's a 'no' unless they decide to redirect limited supplies, but I think they just don't have it unallocated... they had answered a similar question regarding the Paramour in NW in the blog post.

"We’ve been having some challenges with our 400d Halcyon, the mill that produces the fabric has shut down, and we haven’t found a substitute, so we’re not in the position to make new bags in Nightwalk at the moment."

and in the next comment, about 400d in general and Taiga (presumably, depends on how you read it), they said "We have enough left for small batches of bigger bags or larger batches of accessories, and timing will depend on how quickly the items go. It could stretch out until the end of the year or before that. Wished we had better news on the 400d!"

The updated DLBP is listed as coming in NW and there are a couple other items 'in production' so that might be it.

I really like my Paragon in Taiga and really wanted one in NW. After original white grid black, NW is my favorite 400d....even more than the original white grid Nordic and definitely more than the dark grid Nordic... the NW shade just makes me happy.
    Last edited by G42; 05-07-2022, 07:47 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Thanks G42. I figured a Night Walk Paragon had become unlikely, so I broke down and tried the S19 in Night Walk, even though I've never liked the look and never thought I'd use all the pockets. Love the look and feel of the material, but it isn't really working for me as either an EDC or a day hike bag. For EDC, I just need to tote a large 15" laptop and sometimes a light coat and/or a loaded up 14" redwell file folder. The Paragon works much better for that, due to the rectangular shape and the suspended laptop holder. For dayhikes, the pocketing is not really working out either - too many of them and too small for how I was hoping to use it. Since I want something a little less colorful for the office than my Wilderness GE Paragon, maybe I'll try trading it for a black Paragon, possibly in halcyon. Taiga would be interesting, but probably still not low key enough.

Comment

If you haven't seen Taiga in person, you should check it out, I think it's one that's hard to photograph. The colour shifts depending on light and what it's near and seems to blend in well.. It's a light neutral vs a dark neutral if you get my meaning.

I used my Taiga Paragon on my recent xcountry trip, dragging it everywhere.
        This past week I started a new job and took it to the office. I work in California which may be a factor, but no one noticed it... Stealth bag!
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

And just in case there was any doubt, here is confirmation from Kat's reply email:
          "Thanks for reaching out! I would say that it's more unlikely that we'll see the Paragon in Night Walk at this point, due to the mill shutting down. I double checked our production schedule, and it looks like we don't have Night Walk planned for any bag at this point, so it may be that we have run out of 400D Halcyon in that color. The Paragon also looks like it is not on our production schedule at this point, so any new color combinations haven't been decided at this point in time."

Comment

Originally posted by ayazgood View Post
            And just in case there was any doubt, here is confirmation from Kat's reply email:
            "Thanks for reaching out! I would say that it's more unlikely that we'll see the Paragon in Night Walk at this point, due to the mill shutting down. I double checked our production schedule, and it looks like we don't have Night Walk planned for any bag at this point, so it may be that we have run out of 400D Halcyon in that color. The Paragon also looks like it is not on our production schedule at this point, so any new color combinations haven't been decided at this point in time."
            I'm starting to get concerned that a suitable replacement manufacturer for 400d halcyon won't be found and that we will soon see the last of it.

Comment

Originally posted by John1970 View Post

I'm starting to get concerned that a suitable replacement manufacturer for 400d halcyon won't be found and that we will soon see the last of it.
              Even if they are currently testing something, that is probably a time-consuming process. So my guess is that there wouldn't be an announcement for a while.

That said, I'm holding onto anything I own in 400d Halcyon now
              ----
              All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
              Edmund Burke

Comment

I’m also very concerned for anything 400d Halcyon now. 😳
                — Follower of TB bags since the early 2010s.
                — Finally got a Techonaut 30 and 45 (Black 525d/Island 200d) in 2022.
                — Waiting for a Synik 22 in Black 400d + one of the blue inners in 200d. Praying the Synik 30 Guide’s Edition in Deep Blue/Coyote returns.

Comment

Originally posted by kz_adventures View Post
                  I’m also very concerned for anything 400d Halcyon now. 😳
                  FWIW, I believe TB knows how much 400d works for some of us and that they're going to do all they can to find a solution.... fingers crossed!

Comment

Since I eventually caved on waiting for the Paragon in Nightwalk and bought it in Taiga (which has turned out to be my favorite TB bag ever), I just ordered a Daylight Backpack in Nightwalk so I could have a backpack in that color. 😂 Now the anticipation syndrome/waiting begins.

Comment

I guess Nightwalk is very popular and very limited, indeed!

I had my sights set on a DLBP in Nightwalk but had to run a work meeting at the drop time. Unfortunately it was already sold out when my meeting was done at 10:30/7:30! Still haven't seen Nightwalk in person, but I love the idea of a bluish-gray. Ah well... I didn't really need a DLBP anyway...

Comment

Working...
                      X