Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,650   Members: 6,657   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, CamMattie.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paragon or Daylight backpack to pair with the A45?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paragon or Daylight backpack to pair with the A45?

I'd like a smaller backpack to pack in my A45. Can anyone tell me if the Paragon will fit neatly in the A45? I know it will take up more room, but I like the design and padded shoulder straps more than the Daylight. I can see the Paragon becoming my EDC bag outside of travel as well.

When I first got the Paragon I was interested in this question too! I mostly use my Techonaut 30, and my recollection is that it did not fit. It could, possibly, in the A45, if the side partitions open enough. Hopefully someone with both bags can answer this.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Comment

That certainly depends on how much you pack inside the Paragon and if you want to fold it or not. If you unzip one of the end pockets of the A45 the Paragon fits nicely inside the expanded main compartment. If the Paragon is empty you'll have still lots of space, even in the shortened side pocket. However, if the Paragon is reasonably full it will take up most of the space in the main compartment as well as some space in the side pocket. You'll still have the unrestricted other side pocket of course.

Does that answer your question or are there other configurations you're thinking about?
      ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
      current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

Originally posted by bartleby View Post
        That certainly depends on how much you pack inside the Paragon and if you want to fold it or not. If you unzip one of the end pockets of the A45 the Paragon fits nicely inside the expanded main compartment. If the Paragon is empty you'll have still lots of space, even in the shortened side pocket. However, if the Paragon is reasonably full it will take up most of the space in the main compartment as well as some space in the side pocket. You'll still have the unrestricted other side pocket of course.

Does that answer your question or are there other configurations you're thinking about?
        That answers it, thank you! I was thinking of putting my laptop only inside the Paragon on the bottom, and then regular packing cubes, etc. I'm travelling to a multi-day conference/training this summer and want to be self contained one bag on the plane.

Comment

Working...
        X