Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,822   Posts: 191,271   Members: 6,717   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, dougwierzba2.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luminary colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luminary colors?

Are there plans to make the L15 in different colors? I think it would be gorgeous in seapine with a dawn interior, burnt orange or ursa with dawn.

I asked about Seapine once, they said the 630 recycled fabric doesn't work well on the Luminaries

I think I've seen it in Ursa before though..

Edit: Guess that's because there's an Ursa version available now, lol. Island interior though.

Comment

According to the Summer update that came out today, they're retiring the L15 (and the LGD) once the current stock sells out.

Comment

Wow, that's sad. The L15 is one of their best looking bags, IMO. And I loved that I could access the side pockets without taking it off my shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by ncc-1701c View Post
          According to the Summer update that came out today, they're retiring the L15 (and the LGD) once the current stock sells out.
          that makes me so sad

Comment

The update says "... to make way for new designs". Whatever they do, I hope it keeps the spirit of the L15. It's a unique bag in the TB lineup—sleek. I'll just copy in what I wrote in January (the 2022 Wish List) ...
            • A mesh back.
            • Bigger interior pocket.
            • Slightly beefier straps—but not by much.
            • An option to remove the water bottle flap. I may be one of the few people who don’t carry water regularly. So many times I’ve just wanted to cut that flap out.
            • A discreet loop or two on the bottom—but not at the expense of ruining the sleek look.

Comment

Originally posted by Yarpy View Post
              The update says "... to make way for new designs". Whatever they do, I hope it keeps the spirit of the L15. It's a unique bag in the TB lineup—sleek. I'll just copy in what I wrote in January (the 2022 Wish List) ...
              • A mesh back.
              • Bigger interior pocket.
              • Slightly beefier straps—but not by much.
              • An option to remove the water bottle flap. I may be one of the few people who don’t carry water regularly. So many times I’ve just wanted to cut that flap out.
              • A discreet loop or two on the bottom—but not at the expense of ruining the sleek look.
              I would buy an update with a mesh back. I love the look of my L15 but I had to sadly conclude that I'm only buying packs with mesh backs in the future. I just get too hot and I've only used it a handful of times.

I'd also prefer an internal laptop sleeve (similar to the paragon) to the L15's device pocket -- easier to fit a larger range of device sizes.

I love the overall shape and the vertical front pockets though. It is such a nice silhouette and I love how it stands up on its own.
              Bike commuting with the Smart Alec!

Comment

Originally posted by Yarpy View Post
                The update says "... to make way for new designs". Whatever they do, I hope it keeps the spirit of the L15. It's a unique bag in the TB lineup—sleek.
                In the comments below the blog post, they clarify:
                The new designs aren’t necessarily intended to be a direct replacement of the L15 or a larger version of the L15, just new designs in general.
                I only got a Mars Red L15 recently and think it's one of TB's most elegant designs. I don't really need another one, but if one would show up in a low-quantity restock in an attractive colour, I might be severely tempted ...

Comment

Working...
                X