Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,596   Members: 6,651   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, learn2route.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tristar - Which Colour - Which Fabric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tristar - Which Colour - Which Fabric?

So its seems my love affair with the Tristar is back on again with the restock news (with Fjord, my favourite secondary colour).

I’ve owned steel/black/navy 1050 bags before so know exactly what I’d be getting. Not sure about 525 as I’ve had Synapses in this fabric and not a fan (easily scuffed/marked).

But which should I get:
    Steel 1050/Fjord
    Black 1050/Taiga (have no idea what this colour is)
    Black 525/Fjord

Typically, my preference would be Black 1050/Fjord but not an option!!!

I’ve had Steel/Island before so similar to steel/fjord. But black bags are great options with a fantastic contrast colour.

The black 525/fjord would get me the best colour combo but not the best fabric (or does it not scuff so much nowadays?)

Help please.
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

I think all of them are good choices, but if you love 1050, then stick with it.

Both versions of Taiga look good to me, but based on the colours you seem to love, I would go for Steel / Fjord. I think the contrast is more harmonious than with Island and less abrupt than with Black.

And just to be contrary, I think Burnt Orange/Tidal and Coyote/Moab are really attractive, if you want something warmer
    Last edited by G42; 06-08-2022, 09:43 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Thanks for the advice G42

The Steel/Fjord would be awesome and complimentary.

I’m a big burnt orange fan but I think ‘corporate colours’ need to be retained for this purchase.
      Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Comment

Steel / Fjord!

Comment

Originally posted by bijoux View Post
          Steel / Fjord!
          Another vote for Steel 1050/Fjord (This was one of the combinations for the Little Swift Encore release, so I've seen both Black 1050d/Fjord and Steel 1050d/Fjord)

moriond

Comment

Nth-ing Steel 1050/Fjord. For this type of bag, I'd definitely go for the sturdier fabric first, then color preference. And Steel/Fjord looks both handsome and corporate-friendly.

Comment

Thank you all, its a resounding Steel/Fjord feedback which has given me the confidence to try and secure one in this colour.

Comment

I have one of the aforementioned LS in steel/fjord and love that color combo.

Comment

Fjord appeared just a little bit before the Road Buddy pre-orders kicked off, and I had figured if they offered a Steel/Fjord combo, that would be what I went with (unless there was Steel/Sitka). When the RBs went live, they all had ballistic interiors - which was a-okay with me, since full ballistic is cool - and Steel/Island was the choice I went with. Hard to go wrong with a dark grey outer/blue interior. Business on the outside, chillin' on the inside!

Comment

Well, its done. Steel/Fjord Tristar ordered. I almost got carried away with additional Fjord items but stopped myself just in time.

However, splashed out on a black daylight briefcase (with the cool stealth black out label) to go in the middle Tristar compartment.

Its a scary cost (I pay UK shipping and import taxes) but hoping its going to be worth it.

Comment

Perseffect I really, really like the Daylight Briefcase and it will look extremely cool in your Tristar. Just sayin’. And I much prefer the original connector points position at the ends, which they have returned to.

moriond
                      Last edited by moriond; 06-10-2022, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Good job I got in early, I just spotted Steel/Fjord Tristars have already sold out (although more coming later). Guess its the popular choice.

Comment

Thanks all for the advice. The Tristar arrived very quickly this week all the way to the U.K.

The Fjord is awesome (as expected) and definitely best with the Steel. But the big shock was how much better the zips are. I really didn’t like the lockable aqua guard ones as they were so stiff. These are so smooth. I’m so glad I bought new just for the new zips!

Comment

Working...
                          X