Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,770   Posts: 190,611   Members: 6,655   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, Oliver18.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bummer debut and restock- June 28!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummer debut and restock- June 28!

Hi all! We just announced the debut of our new hip pack/sling bag the Bummer! Check it out along with some other restock items coming next week: June 28: Restock and Bummer debut

I'm excited about the Bummer. I love a sling bag. :-D

Comment

The Synik 30 packing cubes look eerily similar to the Western Flyer packing cubes, which I mysteriously cannot find on the website...am I reading too much into this, or is it a clue to the inevitable fate of my first—and favorite—Tom Bihn bag?

Comment

Formal request for the Bummer in OG Halcyon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevo View Post
          The Synik 30 packing cubes look eerily similar to the Western Flyer packing cubes, which I mysteriously cannot find on the website...am I reading too much into this, or is it a clue to the inevitable fate of my first—and favorite—Tom Bihn bag?
          The product page even says western flyer in the url and all the photos of them are in WF's. I'm confused too.

Comment

I'm sure they'll look into it tomorrow... We can MikeV to make sure he sees all this
            My assumption is that they edited the WF cube page instead of doing a 'copy/paste' type action 😊
            Hopefully the Western Flyer is still with us... Though I will say that bag specific packing cubes seem to not hang along as long as the bags....
            Last edited by G42; 06-22-2022, 07:37 PM.
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevo View Post
              Actually, I checked the links for one of my orders of the Small Western Flyer Packing Cube, and it does now take me to the web page for Synik packing cubes. I looked through the packing cube information before the news on the Bummer came out.

i also checked a link for the Packing Cube Backpack for Tristar/Western Flyer and that went to the Tristar packing cubes.
              Best,

moriond

Comment

You all have such keen eyes for these details! Here's the story on S30/WF Packing Cubes- they are the same PC, simply re-named. We've recommended that size Packing Cube for some years as the best fit for Synik 30 and it works such that we didn't think it needed any adjusting to the size. So if you already have what used to be WF Packing Cubes, you have what we're now calling S30 Packing Cubes

As for the future of the Western Flyer, I don't have a clear answer, I'm afraid. It may be headed to retirement, but it's possible we'll make a batch of them before that happens. It's also possible we won't make another batch- it depends on whether we can find space in our production schedule as we get into the summer months.

Comment

MikeV maybe just have the conjoined name WF/SN30 since even if the WF does retire, there are plenty out in the wild... Or at least have it in the description
                  I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
                    MikeV maybe just have the conjoined name WF/SN30 since even if the WF does retire, there are plenty out in the wild... Or at least have it in the description
                    I found it confusing too! Keeping both names might be helpful, as G42 suggested. Also, could the product pics show the cubes packed into these two bags? I think that would be very helpful. Having a lot of photos that show real-life use-case scenarios aid in purchasing decisions.
                    ----
                    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                    Edmund Burke

Comment

I'm curious as to how big of a water bottle the Bummer can hold? It looks like it could hold a 16 oz. comfortably, but I wanted to make sure. I'd been looking for a low-profile waist bag where I could carry water when going on walks in the park and such.
                      Meg
                      -----
                      Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on the Packing Cubes! We added a line referencing the Western Flyer to the copy to make it more clear.

As for a water bottle in the Bummer- I think a 16oz bottle will fit. I have a couple different 12oz bottles that fit easily laying on their side.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
                          As for the future of the Western Flyer, I don't have a clear answer, I'm afraid. It may be headed to retirement, but it's possible we'll make a batch of them before that happens. It's also possible we won't make another batch- it depends on whether we can find space in our production schedule as we get into the summer months.
                          Gasp! Say it ain't so! I personally am already stocked up, including with Halcyon options, but there are folks who are going to miss this bag. The small Western Flyer Packing Cube (or whatever you want to call it now) has been a very handy size that figured in a lot of bag packups, such as for the Co-Pilot, my Little Swift, the Icon, and other demos. It was also featured under this name in many older blog posts for what options to use when other items have been retired, and I believed was once recommended as a possible option for the Smart Alec. There's a lot of history.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
                            Thanks for the feedback on the Packing Cubes! We added a line referencing the Western Flyer to the copy to make it more clear.
                            Could you maybe fix the link to the Packing Cube FAQ, too? It's not working. I think the correct URL is https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/p...sked-questions

Comment

Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post

Could you maybe fix the link to the Packing Cube FAQ, too? It's not working. I think the correct URL is https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/p...sked-questions
                              Fixed! Thanks, dirkhaun!

Comment

Working...
                              X