Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,823   Posts: 191,279   Members: 6,721   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bummer debut and restock- June 28!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G42
    replied
    Restock tomorrow
    Bummer, S19, Paramour, 3DOC

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/restock

Leave a comment:

• bbcamp
    replied
    Love my WF! If you ever update it (instead of retiring it…), then please add dual top handles, so one can carry a coat (etc.) between them.

Leave a comment:

• KCam
    replied
    There’s one DLBP in Nightwalk available now. Best hurry!

Leave a comment:

• autolycus
    replied
    Bummer... I missed the Night Walk DLBP again because of work meetings. It's no fun going 9am-6pm straight with just a single 15 minute lunch break! But, as I said last time: I didn't really NEED a DLBP anyway. Better that I save my money for a different bag. Now that we're back to the office (just 2 days/week for me) and I'm supposed to pick up a new work laptop this week, I might want a different shoulder back for my commute. I might also decide to offer up one of my less-used bags in a trade. Hmm... what do I have that might be of interest . . . .

Leave a comment:

• Tiviander
    replied
    Oh man, bummer. I have been waiting for a Halcyon WF forever. I hoped the new bag design that got shelved (tri-something?) would be a sleeker version, without the awkward front pockets or basically useless water bottle slot. Also hoped for a smidge more space. The Tri-Star is just ever-so-slightly too bulky to pass as a personal item on a plane.

Leave a comment:

• Tonya
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    The ones that I still miss (although I personally stocked up on them) are the Aether Packing Cubes for the Yeoman Duffel. A good option for instances where you need more depth and useful handles!
    These were the packing cubes that I loved years ago and really wanted. One day I decided to finally get a few and they were just... gone. This was when I was a TB fan but not a follower. I follow TB more closely now, but apparently still not closely enough. I've missed a lot of other products in past year by not logging into a restock or preorder soon enough or being confused about release dates. I really wanted a fabric 3DOC in Zest, but by the time I made it to the product page, they were sold out. Or maybe I was still confused and they weren't released yet. Oy vey, I can't keep up with it all.

It's neat to see TB releasing new products, and I'm sure the Bummer will sell well, but I do miss some of the older bags, especially the travel and organization bags. (So thrilled about the Road Buddy re-release! Def got in a preorder for that one.) I've been waiting a long time for an organizational crossbody bag somewhere in size between the SK and Daylight Briefcase, but so far there's only been a flood of packs and waist bags. Still hoping though!

Leave a comment:

• Traveltech
    replied
    Originally posted by GrussGott View Post

IMO the WF is the best travel bag TB makes

MikeV I have a feeling if people pass it by they're thinking it's too small but, for me (6'2" biz travel), it's awesome ... with a few tweaks (space in the front pockets, better shoulder straps) it'd be darn near perfect.
    the WF is what brought me to Tom Bihn. Unfortunately I don’t still own one because of lack of space in outside pockets, and the shoulder straps.

MikeV please ask Tom to consider tweaking before retiring.

Leave a comment:

• bchaplin
    replied

IMO the WF is the best travel bag TB makes and if it's not selling well, that's a matter of showing people how extremely versatile it is.

MikeV I have a feeling if people pass it by they're thinking it's too small but, for me (6'2" biz travel), it's awesome ... with a few tweaks (space in the front pockets, better shoulder straps) it'd be darn near perfect.
    It really is one of the best, most versatile travel bags produced. If it was modernized in appearance (streamline the multiple flat pockets in front to take some of the weight off it), and given a sturdy side handle, it would be great. I will hold onto mine even though I'm not currently doing that kind of travel, because there's nothing like it, but would LOVE a lighter version. IMO the multiple zippers make it look a little weird when carried on one's back, and if it was sleeker in appearance it would be more popular.

Leave a comment:

• dirkhaun
    replied

IMO the WF is the best travel bag TB makes and if it's not selling well, that's a matter of showing people how extremely versatile it is.
    Not to mention durable. I bought my WF back in 2014 and still use it for short trips every other month. Apart from a bit of abrasion in one particular spot on the inside, it's looking great.

I see there have been a few subtle updates since then (lockable sliders, replacing the clips for the discontinued Brain Cell with hooks for a Cache) but other than that, it's still the same bag. Which should tell you something. As GrussGott wrote, maybe update the shoulder straps and I'm sure there's some life left in it.

Leave a comment:

• GrussGott
    replied

Gasp! Say it ain't so!

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    bchaplin I would love to see more aether colours too

The A30 Small Laundry are my favorite cubes...I have a couple Yeoman Cubes and some NFTD ones too... 3D with handles, as moriond mentioned, is a great feature

Leave a comment:

• bchaplin
    replied
    I particularly liked the violet and carbon aether, and was hoping more colors would come out. I never got the Yeoman Duffel cubes, but I have a few Western Flyer ones (the smalls, particularly) and A30 cubes, that seem adaptable to a range of situations.

Leave a comment:

• epeterson
    replied
    The ones that I still miss (although I personally stocked up on them) are the Aether Packing Cubes for the Yeoman Duffel. A good option for instances where you need more depth and useful handles! (like for the Smart Alec)
    Oh wow...I pre-ordered a Smart Alec and I wish these were still available!

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by G42 View Post
    Hopefully the Western Flyer is still with us... Though I will say that bag specific packing cubes seem to not hang along as long as the bags....
    The ones that I still miss (although I personally stocked up on them) are the Aether Packing Cubes for the Yeoman Duffel. A good option for instances where you need more depth and useful handles! (like for the Smart Alec)

Small YD cubes and Small Shop Bag
    (Retired) Small Yeoman Duffel Aether Packing Cubes in Wasabi and Carbon shown with Small Shop Bag in Monarch Halcyon; depth and handles distinguish these packing cubes from others

Small YD Aether Packing Cubes in Small Shop Bag
    This is how they fit into the Small Shop Bag

4 Packing Cubes shown with Small Yeoman Duffel
    And how the cubes in Carbon, Violet, and Wasabi Aether were sized for the Small Yeoman Duffel

The original thread from which a few pictures were extracted is my thread, The New Yeoman Duffel Aether Packing Cubes from 07-20-2017. Alternative packups of the bags with other packing cubes and accessory combinations were also shown there. It would be nice if the Small Western Flyer Packing Cubes mentioned and shown there were still recognizable in later references --- even though they are now dubbed Packing Cubes for the Synik 30, and might no longer be recognizable by new forum members who join after they change its name.

Leave a comment:

• Awesomepants
    replied

As a forum moderator who was answering questions about packing cube combinations that would fit into the Synik 30, even when the FAQ about packing cubes was heavily referenced, I found that lots of users were confused about which combinations worked, in large part because the Video that showed packing cubes getting packed into the Synik 30 never identified the individual accessories, and a lot of people thought the Packing Cubes for the Aeronaut 45 would also fit. The only post in which I know all of this is clearly laid out is the one where I did a screen capture from the video and labeled every accessory that showed up in the video: for packed accessories on the left hand side of the Synik 30 Product Page

Packing cubes for Synik 30

Screen Capture of Synik 30 packing cubes
    All they need to do is call them S30 / WF packing cubes and show photos of the product in both bags and people won’t be confused, like bchaplin said.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X