Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,814   Posts: 191,170   Members: 6,704   Active Members: 261
Welcome to our newest member, chrisdc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long term users - advice sought Synik 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my black Halcyon Synik in, and it is not as big and scary as I feared. It definitely has a place in my collection. I still feel like there is room for perfection in between the 2 sizes. 2 inches taller than the SN22, and 1 inch wider with a less pronounced chin and no added depth. Then you have an EDC bag that accommodates more body sizes and fits all laptop sizes. I'll be in the market for a ballistic GE S25 as soon as my bank account recovers.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post

shepbostin I am going to point you to an 08-25-202 post that Darcy made about how they report bag dimensions in the Is the Zeitgeist volume underestimated?? thread. Later on in that thread I posted:

If the bag being measured were shaped like a rectangular block, then the height, width, and depth in the quoted dimensions would be a reasonable approximation of the dimensions. Because these bags are not rectangular blocks (and the S26 is less blocky in shape than the Synik 30), the dimensions are going to seem overly large. There is a visual image included in @Darcy's post, that shows how the quoted dimensions would apply to measuring a Volkswagon beetle vs an SUV -- basically, for anything shaped more closely to a rectangular cube, the dimensions will appear to be a more accurate.

In summary, your asking for impressions of space usage from owners of the Synapse 25 and Synik 30 is a good way to get your answer.

HTH

moriond
      Wow - extremely helpful moriond - thank you! Reading Darcy's post plus yours really clarified things for me. It didn't occur to me that subtle differences in shape could allow two bags with very similar "dimensions" to be 5L different in capacity. Of course, now I again find myself wanting to look at an S25 next to an S30 for myself!

Comment

Originally posted by shepbostin View Post

Wow - extremely helpful moriond - thank you! Reading Darcy's post plus yours really clarified things for me. It didn't occur to me that subtle differences in shape could allow two bags with very similar "dimensions" to be 5L different in capacity. Of course, now I again find myself wanting to look at an S25 next to an S30 for myself!
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc5Tcp3PuR4

he doesn't really get into the capacity, but I stared at this video for a long time. Mostly about the materials though. Those were my two top choice materials.

Comment

Working...
        X