Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,814   Posts: 191,170   Members: 6,704   Active Members: 261
Welcome to our newest member, chrisdc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New bag debut: The Cambiata- available for pre-order starting July 20 at 7am, PDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bag debut: The Cambiata- available for pre-order starting July 20 at 7am, PDT

The page for our new tote/backpack hybrid, the Cambiata is now live!

The Cambiata

This looks like it could be a killer one bag supplement. Shoulder strap it as a personal item and it's your day bag at your destination. Really cool idea, looks like a giant lunchbox - I'm kinda into it.

Comment

Love the bag. However, the material only says 2x2 ballistic. Is this 525d or something else?

Comment

I haven't seen the bag in person yet, but my one hmmmmmmm so far is the shoulder strap being Gatekeepers vs snap clips... I get that the webbing loops for Gatekeepers are more subtle once the strap is removed than the triangular receivers for snap clips, but it means I won't be able to easily use my Op-Tech Mini strap for instance.

All the music references are funny
        Last edited by G42; 07-15-2022, 11:26 AM.
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Oh no, now I have to sell both my Paragon and my Paramour? This is just getting annoying. My wife already thinks I've joined a cult!

The pic of the Navy version shows a blackout label, and the Black version shows the red label. Is that accurate? I much prefer the blackout label, but I also much prefer the Zest interior. My dream version would be Navy and Zest with blackout label.

Looks to be pretty ideal as a back and forth to the office bag for me. I've found tote bags somewhat problematic in the past, because of the small top opening being somewhat hard to load and unload, but this looks to be wide and easy. Not sure I really need a full 7.5" of depth though. Hope it has a tendency to cave in (look small) when not packed out.

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
            I haven't seen the bag in person yet, but my one hmmmmmmm so far is the shoulder strap being Gatekeepers vs snap clips... I get that the webbing loops for Gatekeepers are more subtle once the strap is removed than the triangular receives for snap clips, but it means I won't be able to easily use my Op-Tech Mini strap for instance.
            Good spot! That's a major flaw for me. Why would they not use a D-ring or one of their triangle strap holders? Maybe one could find a gatekeeper version of a d-ring or triangle...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
              I haven't seen the bag in person yet, but my one hmmmmmmm so far is the shoulder strap being Gatekeepers vs snap clips... I get that the webbing loops for Gatekeepers are more subtle once the strap is removed than the triangular receivers for snap clips, but it means I won't be able to easily use my Op-Tech Mini strap for instance.

All the music references are funny
              It's not ideal but you could probably add a pair of the triangle clips to give a better attachment point for a hook. (Although I don't know what the weight capacity is for these).

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...products/parts

Alternatively, a heavy duty split ring or small carabiner would also work. But I agree with you, that IS a drawback and a good catch on your part. I use 3rd party straps as well.

Comment

Hmm… interesting. Though I wish it was available in a lighter weight fabric. I’m taking a big trip in a few months and would love something like this but squishable.

Can a padded hip belt be attached?
                Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

My first thought looking at this bag is that it would be great as a conference/convention bag... Cooner what do you think, for your conventions?

You know, where you're wandering around endless miles of booths, stowing business cards, handouts, samples, swag, etc. and grabbing your water bottle frequently and a shoulder or cross body is easiest for access and not whacking into people. But then you have to hike a million miles out of the ginormous halls (looking at you McCormick Center) to finally grab a conference bus or cab and then more walking - that's where the backpack option would really shine.
                  I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I just bought another S19 (arrived yesterday) and now this I may get one anyway since this ticks a couple boxes for me (ability to carry crossbody with the long side vertical, a la, the Ristretto and top loading)
                    Black/Island Synapse 19, Black/Steel, 13" Ristretto, Indigo BB, Island LSB, Black SSB, Sitka SSB, Seapine P.I.K.A, Sitka STT, Sitka SSC

Comment

Wondering how it would work to connect one backpack strap to the opposite side's clip and make a sling....

Comment

Make it landscape orientation instead of portrait and add Truck or SSB handles and it would be the perfect laptop tote that I have been looking for.

Comment

Totally random- I get so excited when OG forum members that joined long before me (I joined in 2012)- post on the forums. A lot of folks have posted about the Cambiata today. I bow to my forum elders!

Comment

Super excited for this one. Been asking for a backpack hybrid tote for years. I do wish there was at least one halcyon option, I prefer the lighter-weight less-structure fabric. I’ve been downsizing my collection for a while now, only have a daylight backpack and pop tote left that make up the core of my minimalist baggage assemblage. I also have one non-TB travel bag, an Osprey daylite 26+6, but I definitely was wanting something in the 20 liter range. I’m 100% going to do a preorder, just hoping some more color options are added (alphaviolet? 🥰).
                            "Not all who wander are lost"
                            "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
                            Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
                              Make it landscape orientation instead of portrait and add Truck or SSB handles and it would be the perfect laptop tote that I have been looking for.
                              Honest question, isn't that just basically a Western Flyer?

Comment

Working...
                              X