Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,814   Posts: 191,170   Members: 6,704   Active Members: 261
Welcome to our newest member, chrisdc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New bag debut: The Cambiata- available for pre-order starting July 20 at 7am, PDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post

Interesting, thanks for the input. I assume you're talking about the Cambiata specifically, rather than a similar bag?

Click image for larger version Name:	835D0FAC-10A0-446B-B262-7BC638B1CD5D.jpg Views:	0 Size:	281.8 KB ID:	341228

I'm hoping there's enough slack in the nylon attachment point that I can slip a gatekeeper into that loop. If not, and if I can't find another way to add one, I don't know if I'll be able to use it for more than brief periods. This doesn't appear to be a bag designed for folks with bad backs, unfortunately. Which is a bummer as well as unexpected -- one of the reasons I love the Maker's Bag so much (to the point where I think I have like 8 of them now) is the waist strap allows me to take the weight off my shoulder when needed. I haven't found another large messenger bag that allows me to do that.
    Hi Surrealle

I checked that there is enough webbing at the circled point on the Cambiata, so that I could hack adding a 1.5" triangle clip attachment to permit attaching any shoulder strap with snap hook ends, but it turns out that I don't have to do this. In the design notes blog post comments Q&A the Tom Bihn folks have said they would make such an adapter:

Heidi - July 23, 2022

I agree with Gary. The lack of D rings for my own straps is what’s preventing me from buying this bag. Reason being, if the bag had D rings, I could actually attach it to my stroller hooks and use it as a baby bag! It’s perfect as a baby bag because it has a bottle compartment that looks pretty insulated, and the laptop compartment can be used for diapers and wipes, and the u shape makes it easy to see everything inside at once.
    ———
    TOM BIHN replied:
    Hi Heidi! We have an accessory in the works that will allow for the attachment of the D ring
    For your purpose of putting another Gatekeeper clip addition for a waist strap, it's slightly tight, but there's enough room. It's somewhat easier if I use a 1.5" single gatekeeper clip (they used to sell these separately in Parts, and some of the earlier versions of the Brain Bag and older Messenger Bags used to use this as a part, just as my oldest Imagos and ID bags had single gatekeeper clips in the 1" size for attaching the webbing waist strap.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Awesome, thank you! I'm stoked about the ability to use additional shoulder straps and hope I can make a waist strap work when needed. I usually only need to carry my EDC on a quick walk between my car and home or the office, but for running errands I know it'll hurt to carry it if I don't have that extra support.

Comment

From the newsletter:

At the request of many of you, we will be including a D-ring attachment accessory to the Cambiata pre-order!

Comment

Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post
          From the newsletter:
          Cambiata D-ring accessory
          This is the picture of the optional D-ring accessory that was added to the Cambiata FAQ

Comment

Working...
          X