Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,326   Members: 6,703   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, zacattac.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small returns restock and a few COWs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small returns restock and a few COWs!

Hi All- Just a heads up that we are putting up a small number of returns along with some Clear Organizer Wallets we found in some warehouse cleaning. The future of the COW is a little unsure so if you've been waiting on one, now's your chance!

Surprise LQR? I see a few Pick-up Trucks and Yeoman Duffels.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
      Hi All- Just a heads up that we are putting up a small number of returns along with some Clear Organizer Wallets we found in some warehouse cleaning. The future of the COW is a little unsure so if you've been waiting on one, now's your chance!
      It looked as though the Mars Red and Steel options were the older models (before they ran out of ultrasuede and experimented with new materials for the dividers)

Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post
      The Pick-up. trucks from the previous batch included 630d recycled materials, which was one of the options that I liked (I had ordered Logic Blue at the time).

Comment

Added later (and still available as of this writing) were Luminaries, Swifts, and one type of the Little Swift.

Comment

Added later (and still available as of this writing) were Luminaries, Swifts, and one type of the Little Swift.
          I just posted the information about the Swifts on Ravelry (where I am also a mod). One of the Swift combos was Constellation/Moab. And I'm personally a fan of 630d recycled, though I didn't need any more Swifts (I did corder the Little Swift in Logic Blue from the earlier Knitting order, and there's a regular Swift in Logic Blue/Mountain Cerylon there -- or was when I looked)

Comment

We're intending to do these restocks much more frequently, and without prior notice going forward. We found the big, pre-announced Low Quantity Restocks to be very taxing on our systems and people internally and that it's much better on our end to not let those things accumulate. It's likely we'll do them about every week
            Last edited by MikeV; 08-05-2022, 12:25 PM. Reason: Quoted myself unintentionally.

Comment

There are halcyon Pilots and Fjord Cubelets in stock too!

ETA: the TB Elves have been busy.... Deluxe and Standard Spiff Kits in Fjord & Zest are live
              Last edited by G42; 08-05-2022, 04:01 PM.
              I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

We're intending to do these restocks much more frequently, and without prior notice going forward.
                So as in, no notice at all in the forum and/or email?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonya View Post

So as in, no notice at all in the forum and/or email?
                  I'm guessing that there might be forum posts, similar to the way MikeV came on line and posted in this thread, my guess is that it would be hard to generate a complete list of all the items. I think that cases where people signed up for email notifications of when certain items got restocked might get automatically triggered though. Someone on Ravelry posted that she was really glad she had signed up for email notifications when the because when I posted an off-topic addendum to the Cambiata that MikeV had just posted about restocking Synapses and Syniks, including the Deep Blue/Zest combo, she posted that she was so glad she'd signed up for email notifications because she'd just gotten a notice the the Synapse 25 in that color combo had been restocked, and she promptly ordered it (I gather she really liked this color combo, because I also saw a post about how pleased she was when it arrived)

The items I recall seeing when I did a general check were (for the Swift: Constellation/Moab, Black 1050 Ballistic/Solaris, Verde 1050 Ballistic/Ultraviolet, Black 400d Halcyon/Taiga, Cloud/Tidal,Logic Blue 630d Recycled/ Mountain Grey Cerylon; for the Little Swift: Original Halcyon/Solaris). Yeoman Duffels were small size Verde Steel and Coyote, Medium Black (all 1050d Ballistic) and a Large Olive Cordura.

Luminaries were only the Luminary 15 in Aubergine with either Cloud or Coyote linings. Just from memory. I don’t recall a stock of Road Duffels, which I know is your interest. Just some of my impressions, and possibly not complete.

i did see and get a Wilderness Pick-up Truck. There was some question about whether these showed up in the last restock. There was no picture attached to the file description.

HTH.I did look through other items such as cubelets, and Q-Kits but nothing else springs to mind.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                    I think that cases where people signed up for email notifications of when certain items got restocked might get automatically triggered though.
                    The problem with the emails is that you can't set up a notification for something that's not available currently. So if I were interested in a Swift right now, and go to the Swift page to sign up for an email notification, what exactly would I be signing up for? For that blue/Moab combination only? Or for the availability of Swifts in general?

I fully understand that it's a lot of work for TB folks to post the information about low-quantity items, but it would be great if we could get a little more advance notice.

I even looked into automating things by maybe writing a little script that scans and compares the Full List of Everything We Make, but there's so much Javascript on that page, it's not easy to figure out what it is actually going to display.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                      I'm guessing that there might be forum posts, similar to the way MikeV came on line and posted in this thread, my guess is that it would be hard to generate a complete list of all the items.
                      Just a thought, but what are the criteria for something appearing on the "Just Restocked" page? Does this happen automatically, or manually? If any "new stock" added (changing a colorway quantity from 0 to something else, not merely incrementing existing stock) could automatically make that item appear on the "Just Restocked" page, that would be handy. At least we could periodically check that page, and TB staff wouldn't be burdened with trying to keep lists of the low quantity restocks.
                      Bike commuting with the Smart Alec!

Comment

Originally posted by epeterson View Post
                        If any "new stock" added (changing a colorway quantity from 0 to something else, not merely incrementing existing stock) could automatically make that item appear on the "Just Restocked" page, that would be handy.
                        I like that idea. Unfortunately, low-quantity items have never appeared on the Restocked page. So at least that's not how it's working at the moment.

But a page, even a new one, that lists items whose stock has just gone up (for whatever reason) would indeed be handy.

Comment

We're intending to do these restocks much more frequently, and without prior notice going forward. We found the big, pre-announced Low Quantity Restocks to be very taxing on our systems and people internally and that it's much better on our end to not let those things accumulate. It's likely we'll do them about every week
                          Thanks! I like the idea of weekly LQRs, and were it me I would just put these items back in stock without notice.

Comment

I like that idea. Unfortunately, low-quantity items have never appeared on the Restocked page. So at least that's not how it's working at the moment.

But a page, even a new one, that lists items whose stock has just gone up (for whatever reason) would indeed be handy.
                            I think that one of the factors that makes this difficult is the way that their product page listings are tied to their inventory system that Shopify runs. I bet there are ways to feature/trigger genuine new product releases and prep that beforehand, but that the system as it is set up doesn't flag small quantity restocks.

It would be neat if we could share individual saved wish list items, though. I save interesting color combinations to my wish list so that I can view the pictures even when the items are not in stock. There are times where looking at the wish list, and seeing that some of the items are available again alerts me to restocks.

Comment

Working...
                            X