Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,953   Posts: 193,096   Members: 6,829   Active Members: 288
Welcome to our newest member, JuniorCyclist.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Used My 2018 A45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenne
    replied
    Mine is Steel/UV and I am also 5'4". I always worry it's too big, and then I see it in the overhead bin next to the rolly bags! It's TINY!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I love my Aeronaut!

Leave a comment:

• nolegrl
    replied
    Originally posted by G42 View Post
    Yes, yes, but....what colour is your bag!?
    Ha ha! It's the Navy 1050 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon combo.

Originally posted by G42 View Post
    That's an apt observation; I'm your height and noticed the same thing...it feels huge in some ways and then you see what some folks are hauling onboard....
    Exactly! I had to take a second look (especially after seeing it get swallowed in the overhead) and it made me realize that it really wasn't all that big. And the rollers aren't even all that big capacity-wise, it's just the stiff frame and wheels that take up a lot more space.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Yes, yes, but....what colour is your bag!?

That's an apt observation; I'm your height and noticed the same thing...it feels huge in some ways and then you see what some folks are hauling onboard....

Leave a comment:

• nolegrl
    started a topic Finally Used My 2018 A45

Finally Used My 2018 A45

I bought an Aeronaut 45 in 2018 to use on an international trip and decided last minute to use a roller bag. I stopped traveling after some personal events and then the pandemic. This holiday weekend I went on a weekend plane trip and decided to take the A45.

My first impressions was that the bag was massive, especially on my smaller 5'4 frame. I packed the main compartment with the A30 laundry cubes (l and s), my liquids bag, toiletries bag (small ebags packing cube) and a packing cube shoulder bag with my tech stuff (peak designs tech pouch, 10in tablet and kindle). One side pouch had a pair of running shoes and the other had a side kick and travel cublet. The bag was full, but not stuffed. I have the internal frame and hip belt, but felt all the excess straps looked ridiculous on an already big bag so I just used the backpack straps. I walked around the house with it before leaving and it was comfortable to carry.

Airport navigation and security was a breeze. I had the travel cublet around me for my phone and wallet and took out the packing cube shoulder bag for the plane. The backpack straps easily tucked away (even while standing in line waiting to board) and it actually seemed super small next to all the roller bags. That made me reconsider my size concerns from earlier. My initial flight, the bag even got turned long-ways in the back of the overhead and I had to get help from someone to fish it out.

Overall, I am very happy with the bag and it made pseudo-onebagging very easy.
Working...
X