Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,891   Posts: 192,255   Members: 6,768   Active Members: 333
Welcome to our newest member, TStorm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPS Tracking is defunct, what is everybody experiencing on their end delivery-wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS Tracking is defunct, what is everybody experiencing on their end delivery-wise?

We had a serious Bihn-binge and UPS tracking is currently useless. Is anyone getting deliveries despite their tracking stating the boxes have not moved? Are you seeing significant delays? My spouse said they have had company goods get delayed or lost in transit with UPS in recent weeks, so we are anxiously awaiting our deliveries. Please consider sharing your delivery joy here so that we may live vicariously through you.

I’ve had three Tom Bihn deliveries in the past few months. All of them had very odd, yet similar, tracking situations. They showed as ready to ship for a dew days, then magically appeared in my nearest distribution hub. They then correctly showed as Out for Delivery. Transit time was pretty normal, 3-5 business days from ordering in the midwest United States. Best of luck with it all!

Comment

Anytime any of the shipping companies get busy and/or are staffing constrained, the tracking seems to lag.

FWIW, my shipments from TB, eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and individuals have all experienced this since the pandemic started, across all the shipping companies.

Luckily none of mine have gone totally missing yet (one from Ukraine is about 5 weeks late, but I expected that with a war zone) though some items have had some significant delays.

So hang in there!
      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I've had a few problems with UPS, the latest being last week. UPS sent me a message that a package had been delivered but there was no package at my door. The package showed up the next day. I haven't had any problems with other carriers.

Comment

UPS is usually our favorite carrier. They are great about leaving packages in places where they are less likely to be stolen. However, I haven't had anything delivered recently so I'm not sure what's going on with their tracking. I think all the carriers are dealing with staff shortages.
          ----
          All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
          Edmund Burke

Comment

Just received an email, one shipment is in my state and maybe being delivered tomorrow. That was what I hoping for- the anticipation is real!

Comment

Only good things to report - tracking worked fine for recent orders shipped to Boston and NYC. And best of all, UPS shipping to Berlin is a day faster than to the East Coast 🤣

Comment

Welcome to the Forums eris !
                I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

It's worth knowing that it's pretty standard for UPS Ground tracking to not have any scans between us and a large city near you -- the gist of it is that it's put on a train and shipped to that destination via rail, and until it's removed from the train car and scanned again, you won't receive any tracking scans.

Often, if you're inside or nearby a large city, that means that you won't get a scan between the time it leaves the larger Seattle area and somewhere between 11pm and 2am the day before you are set to receive your package.

Comment

Good to know about the rail lines. That makes more sense as far as the places that my packages get tracked on the way to the middle of the US. My Cambiata package was scanned in Hermiston, OR in the wee hours of the morning today.

I’ve found that it takes more clicks to get to see shipment progress nowadays versus how it used to be.

Comment

The UPS hub in Hermiston, OR doesn’t look like it has a train hub on Satellite maps view — and I had additional package scanning when my package arrived in and left Salt Lake City yesterday. I’m thinking that it may be on a train now, however, because there hasn’t been another scan since.

Comment

My only issue so far has been the driver dumping the boxes out by my mailbox. Didn't even put it in a plastic bag last time when it was raining. Fortunately, I was home so it didn't get too wet before I brought it inside. The "customer service rep" for the local area told me I had to sign up for My Choice as it's the only way to force drivers to deliver to the door in rural areas.
                        At least I was home to keep it from getting soaked. My Choice also seems to get the tracking updated correctly more often.
                        Black/Island Synapse 19, Black/Steel, 13" Ristretto, Indigo BB, Island LSB, Black SSB, Sitka SSB, Seapine P.I.K.A, Sitka STT, Sitka SSC

Comment

Working...
                        X