Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,891   Posts: 192,255   Members: 6,768   Active Members: 333
Welcome to our newest member, TStorm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do returned bags get restocked on the website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do returned bags get restocked on the website?

I regretfully returned a Synik 22 a week ago and was wondering if they put returned items back in stock on the website? I e-mailed them about the possibility of it being in production again and they said that the colorway probably wont be produced anytime this year.

Not immediately. They do low-quantity restocks of returned, cancelled and mis-counted items about once a week now, though.

Comment

Years ago I returned a Coyote Co-Pilot and the regret hit me while it was in transit back to Seattle.

I emailed customer service and asked them to mail it back to me and said I was willing to pay the shipping fees.

Thankfully they obliged, and when it arrived they processed the other returns in that box and sent back the CP.

Email them and ask - or maybe call them on the phone first thing Monday morning.

If they haven’t relisted it for sale on the website yet, there’s a good chance they will be able to pull it out of inventory and mail it back to you.

Just know you might have to pay shipping one more time, but the sting of an extra ten dollars will probably hurt a little less than the time you’d spend trying to track down that same bag again.
      Last edited by Chicagoan; 09-18-2022, 01:38 PM.
      I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I use most often:
      Everyday Carry: CP or SK
      Overnight Travel: SN22 and SZTSB
      Car Travel: Medium YD and MT
      Plane Travel: CP and WF

Comment

And Welcome to the Forums CBukowski808 !
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

CBukowski808, were you able to get ahold
          of customer service today?

Hoping they’re able to send it back to you!

Comment

Chicagoan No, but I did already receive my refund so I don't know what the chances are that I get it back. I did however notice that they have an Ursa Ballistic/Fjord 200 in production so I think I'll just wait and buy that for my birthday next month haha. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by CBukowski808 View Post
              Chicagoan No, but I did already receive my refund so I don't know what the chances are that I get it back. I did however notice that they have an Ursa Ballistic/Fjord 200 in production so I think I'll just wait and buy that for my birthday next month haha. Thanks for your help!
              I would contact them tomorrow to explain the situation.

They are able to create invoices for items not currently listed for sale on the website and will be able to send it to you via email so you can pay for the bag and shipping (before they include it in the next restock and relist it for sale on the website).

If you feel strongly about a particular color combination and you know it won’t be made again, it’s definitely worth a try and I would say ask and see if they’ll sell it back to you.

And look at it this way - it’s a lot cheaper to pay shipping twice than try and hunt down the bag from a reseller on eBay. I just bought a retired bag from eBay that I spent years looking for and it cost me more than twice the original retail price!

Comment

Working...
              X