Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,182   Posts: 196,651   Members: 7,110   Active Members: 220
Welcome to our newest member, Mochi.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Key Interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Key Interference

Has anyone seen issues with Halcyon bags blocking the signal between an RF car key and a car? Both my wife and I have experiences this with our cars when keeping the keys in our Halcyon Syniks. This doesn't happen when I use my parapack synink, or have the keys in my pocket so I doubt it is the battery. Especially since the cars are brand new.

I think it depends largely on the size of the bag in which you're storing your keys, how close to the outside of the bag your keys are stored, and how old your key fob's battery is.

Crossbody bags worn on your front side will work a lot make effectively with keyless entry, at least in my experience.

I never had issues when storing my Nissan Versa's fob inside my Side Kick, Co-Pilot or Everyday Cubelet, but did find it difficult to open the doors when keeping the keys stored inside my Luminary 15 or Synik 22.

If the key fob battery is new, only thing left to do is make sure you store the keys as close to the outside of the bag as possible, and maybe even take off a shoulder strap and swing the bag in front of you to minimize proximity issues.
    Last edited by Chicagoan; 11-03-2022, 06:51 AM.
    I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I'm using right now:

EDC: SK
    Day Hiking: Cambiata
    Car Travel: T45, SZTSB

Plane Travel: N/A

Here's a blog post I wrote about my 3 favorite bags:

https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/portable-culture-portrait-three-favorites-with-eric-widuger

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎