Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,995   Posts: 193,750   Members: 6,894   Active Members: 247
Welcome to our newest member, gojonnie.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parental Unit Pre-order!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parental Unit Pre-order!

Hi friends! We're gearing up for our first pre-order of 2023- a return of the Parental Unit! We've got a lot of colors being offered, in a mix of fabric combinations, including three brand new Cerylon colors being introduced!

This pre-order, and all future pre-orders are going to work a little differently than they have in the past. Over the last several months we've been working hard to implement a new shipping and inventory system that is going to improve our workflow tremendously, but there are a few limitations in some areas. One of them is how we manage our pre-order system. The biggest change is that pre-order items will need to be ordered on their own, separately from any in-stock items you're after- those will need to be in separate orders. Additionally, you won't be able to add in-stock items to pre-orders that are placed. At the end of the pre-order period, we'll send a notification that orders are about to ship and at that time additional orders can be placed to be combined with the pre-ordered items. We've outlined all the changes to the pre-orders in the FAQ.

We love doing these pre-orders, and it was important to us to still be able to offer them! And we're excited for the return of the Parental Unit too! If you have questions, feel free to [email protected] or drop a note here and we'll check in on this thread to answer any questions

Moss!!!
    Dusk!!!

Sooooooooo happy!

(Marigold too, can't be neglected, but we've had Solaris, so not quite as geeky happy)

Yay!

NFTD sneak peak!?
    Last edited by G42; 01-20-2023, 02:11 PM.
    “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
    “Sir?”
    “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
    “Sir?”
    “That’s practically zen.”
    -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

Oh my goodness those new Cerylon colours look gorgeous!

… and MikeV when will we hear more about the ”sneak peek” photo in the email? Very exciting news all around. Click image for larger version

Name:	B7FE554F-0305-4105-9BFA-8E9E6075AE3D.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	328.3 KB
ID:	345208

Comment

The NFTD rides again! In a two-tone reissue. Old is new again.

LOVE the addition of a blue-purple liner fabric that can fill the void left by Dawn 210d. Variety is good.

Also looks like the label was redesigned and simplified. New is good.

All good things!
        Last edited by Chicagoan; 01-20-2023, 02:50 PM.
        I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I'm using right now:
        Everyday Carry: SK
        Hiking Daypack: Cambiata

Car Travel: SK, T45, MT
        Plane
        ​Travel: CP, TS, SZTSB

Comment

IF THAT IS THE NIGHT FLIGHT COMING BACK I COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED

(If you click that image in the email it takes you to the old Night Flight page.)

Comment

NFTD!!! The one that got away for me.

And Dusk looks great. Nice that you're keeping options for those of us who prefer cool tones. I predict Marigold will become a favorite with everyone else.

Comment

NFTD! I sourced one on fleabay as a Christmas gift for a friend. Thrilled that it might soon be back.

Comment

Love how the NFTD turned out

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                  Love how the NFTD turned out
                  Designer in the House!

Can't wait to see what two-tone versions you all came up with!
                  Last edited by G42; 01-20-2023, 03:29 PM.
                  “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
                  “Sir?”
                  “Sir?”

Comment

The NFTD is the one bag I regretted not getting before it was retired. Glad to see it's making a comeback.

Comment

I had past opportunities to get a PU, but have kind of regretted not getting one. There are some very tempting color ways being offered so I think I'll jump on it. I have a NFTD in Navy/Iberian and while it's not used often, it does make a great weekend bag. Thank you to the TB Crew for bringing back these retired bags!

Comment

Going to quote the new updated Pre-Order FAQ to help ensure folks see this change, which Mike V stated in the first post of this thread. With their new software system/whatevs, it changes when/how you can have In Stock items ship with Pre-Orders.

"We're moving to a new inventory and shipping system and with this new system comes with some limitations we have to work within.

One of these is that we aren't able to hold additional items with this pre-order.

If you want to add any items to your order past the items that are offered on the pre-order page, we suggest waiting until you receive our email letting you know that your pre-order is ready to ship and then placing an order for any additional items, from there we'll be able to combine those orders and ship them."
                        Last edited by G42; 01-21-2023, 07:19 AM.
                        “Sir?”
                        “Sir?”

Comment

Originally posted by Chicagoan View Post
                          The NFTD rides again! In a two-tone reissue. Old is new again.

LOVE the addition of a blue-purple liner fabric that can fill the void left by Dawn 210d. Variety is good.

Also looks like the label was redesigned and simplified. New is good.

All good things!
                          A Dawn-like color in Cerylon looks amazing! So exciting!

I appreciate the thorough explanation of the changes to the pre-order process. I hope the new inventory management system works well!

Comment

Please, give us more notice about releases so we have a chance to budget for them!

Comment

If it's not too late, I'd love to see an option for the Night Walk that was used in a previous iteration of the PU! Huge thanks for bringing these back either way
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X