Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,995   Posts: 193,750   Members: 6,894   Active Members: 247
Welcome to our newest member, gojonnie.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parental Unit Pre-order!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Parental Unit product page is rendering funky for me in Firefox and Chrome; can't order. I pinged them and assume it's related to the new system and will be fixed shortly.

ETA: and it's fixed!
    Last edited by G42; 01-24-2023, 07:06 AM.
    “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
    “Sir?”
    “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
    “Sir?”
    “That’s practically zen.”
    -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
      The Parental Unit product page is rendering funky for me in Firefox and Chrome; can't order. I pinged them and assume it's related to the new system and will be fixed shortly.
      I wonder if it helps to have saved in wishlist for when you come back to it. (I’m on Chrome; not sure these saved correctly)

Comment

... aaand it's fixed Order went through.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post

I wonder if it helps to have saved in wishlist for when you come back to it. (I’m on Chrome; not sure these saved correctly)
          Wishlist looked right, product page was not rendering correctly with order button and drop downs but it fixed around 4-5 minutes past the hour.
          “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
          “Sir?”
          “Sir?”

Comment

Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post
            ... aaand it's fixed Order went through.
            Was just going to post that it looked fixed and wishlist worked.
            ETA: What color combo(s) did you order?
            Last edited by moriond; 01-24-2023, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Black/Marigold

Comment

Taiga/NWSky... Going to try it one more time before all the 400d is gone, though I seem to prefer the Pilot for this size... but Cristina raves over this bag, so worth another look

I really like the look of Moss with blue and brown, so I'll watch for what bags those combos show up in next
                “Sir?”
                “Sir?”

Comment

Taiga/NWSky... Going to try it one more time before all the 400d is gone, though I seem to prefer the Pilot for this size... but Cristina raves over this bag, so worth another look

I really like the look of Moss with blue and brown, so I'll watch for what bags those combos show up in next
                  Yes, the Ursa/Moss looks good. I was trying to check older posts because I recollect that someone may have hacked the PU with a Mission Workshop Deluxe Messenger Strap (similar to Q-AM strap). Did you get samples of Marigold, Moss, and Dusk?

Comment

Did you get samples of Marigold, Moss, and Dusk?
                    They should be coming with the NW T45 that's on the way to me (yes, I succumbed to the lure of NW & got a 2nd T45, so now I'll have to decide if I'm keeping the Ballistic one)
                    “Sir?”
                    “Sir?”

Comment

BTW, the stroller straps briefly disappeared as an option but they seem to have fixed that, so if you placed an order and didn't get to add them, but do want them, send them an email and I'm sure they'll work it out
                      Last edited by G42; 01-24-2023, 07:48 AM.
                      “Sir?”
                      “Sir?”

Comment

I was going to ask whether the current version of the Pilot and zippers is easier to maneuver and access all sections while you’re wearing the bag on your shoulder. That was one of the factors for me that made the release of the Daylight Briefcase so attractive to me, and the original version of the Parental Unit that featured the Q-AM = Quick-Adust Messenger strap. I think that’s also why Cristina hacked her 2nd generation Parental Unit to add the Q-AM strap.

Of course, having the larger size Pilot bag and zipping/ unzipping the front compartments around corners is always going to feel less comfortable than with the smaller Co-Pilot regardless of the size of zippers used.

BTW, the stroller straps briefly disappeared as an option but they seem to have fixed that, so if you placed an order and didn't get to add them, but do want them, send them an email and I'm sure they'll work it out
                        I already had the stroller straps from an earlier order, and I tend to order parts that I think will be useful for bag hacking whenever I see them available,, but thanks!

moriond

Comment

I was going to ask whether the current version of the Pilot and zippers is easier to maneuver and access all sections while you’re wearing the bag on your shoulder.
                          I don't actually know because I don't seem to access bags whilst wearing them very much, other than for a water bottle. I'm just carrying them.
                          Maybe I'll carry the NW Pilot tomorrow and make a point see what it's like.
                          I get that the zipper ease of use is a concern for many folks but it rarely registers on me... So either it's easy enough for me and/or I'm oblivious.
                          “Sir?”
                          “Sir?”

Comment

I was going to ask whether the current version of the Pilot and zippers is easier to maneuver and access all sections while you’re wearing the bag on your shoulder. That was one of the factors for me that made the release of the Daylight Briefcase so attractive to me, and the original version of the Parental Unit that featured the Q-AM = Quick-Adust Messenger strap. I think that’s also why Cristina hacked her 2nd generation Parental Unit to add the Q-AM strap.
                            moriond
                            Yes I hacked the buckle fixings from a Q-AM strap onto the Absolute Strap, so I could have a quick adjust Absolute Strap and also do I could shorten the minimum strap length and have the bag ride higher on my back. I haven’t seen that other strap you mentioned, I am intrigued!

Comment

Originally posted by Cristina View Post

Yes I hacked the buckle fixings from a Q-AM strap onto the Absolute Strap, so I could have a quick adjust Absolute Strap and also do I could shorten the minimum strap length and have the bag ride higher on my back. I haven’t seen that other strap you mentioned, I am intrigued!
                              Cristina I’ve only seen this strap mentioned by people who were looking for an alternative to the Quick-Adjust Messenger strap that is no longer listed on the Tom Bihn web site, but which you used to be able to call in and ask for by name, I sent an email query to ask whether they still had any Q-AM straps in stock, along with my request for fabric swatches of moss, marigold, and dusk Cerylon, but I haven’t received a reply back yet.

I think the strap being referenced is the Mission Workshop Deluxe Messenger Strap, which might be compatible with some of the Tom Bihn components, but I don’t know, since I have a back stock of Q-AM straps that I use.

HTH

moriond

Comment

We have a baby due in Aug. I picked up the Orange/Dusk one for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X