Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,825   Posts: 191,296   Members: 6,694   Active Members: 260
Welcome to our newest member, Gbharrisiv.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Crip
    replied
    Could each order of cord zipper pulls come with an accessory pack containing two Lilliputians to assist with the installation? Afterwards, they could be returned to you in exchange for the refund of a security deposit. Whilst the trade in sentient beings may seem cruel, the little people could be payed a good wage, along the lines of fair trade terms. They would get excellent opportunities to travel, and I'm sure that they could have the opportunity for an extra day or to with their host TB customer in order to do a bit of sight-seeing. It seems to be that there would be plenty of room for them to travel within you're existing packing boxes (with a suitable sub case inside, though UPS might have to be asked to take a little more care. I have no doubt that, if adverts were placed in unemployment centres in Lilliput, you would be inundated with applications. TB would benefit as, I'm sure, your customers would be queuing to buy more cord pulls just so they could get a pair of Lilliputian visitors, but with $40-55 delivery charges, most would, probably, buy a bag to put on their zipper pulls.

Eric

Leave a comment:

• Archangelo
    replied
    I thought of another thing to add to my list: a tool-kit. I play the oboe and english horn. As such, I ( attempt to) make my own reeds. I have nylon pouch that has my knives, thread, mandrel, etc. but it is too small and not very well made. A popular style of pouch is basically a long piece of material with webbing loops down one side that holds whatever you want. It is then rolled up and tied up by a piece of attached string. These too aren't well made and probably not even made here in the US. So perhaps you could make a kit that rolls or folds out to hold small hand held tools, like knives, or screwdrivers, and what not, with Tom's level of craftsmenship; and save us poor oboists a few bucks by not having to buy a new tool bag every eight months. It would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by Margot View Post
    I'm still hoping for another backpack option, messenger style. I resent myself for buying a not-made-in-USA bag.
    Do you mean an east/west/landscape orientation backpack?

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by LarryA View Post
    On the theory that it never hurts to ask, I'd love a Ristretto (full size 13") in Indigo, Navy or Conifer with Solar Dyneema interior. :-)
    Nice one! +1

moriond

Leave a comment:

• LarryA
    replied
    On the theory that it never hurts to ask, I'd love a Ristretto (full size 13") in Indigo, Navy or Conifer with Solar Dyneema interior. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by Dctodd29 View Post
    Would really love to see the parental unit come to be in 2011! There is a huge market out there for it and I know Tom bihn will do it right. Please make it happen
    Yes! Please! I'm willing to bribe...do you guys like cookies?

I've got about 11 weeks to go and counting down...don't make me bring my boys home without a little help from Tom!

Leave a comment:

• Fat Crip
    replied
    Give me time, and no doubt I'll feel the same. I sold my old MacBook Air after I'd got my iPad, and bought my MacBook Pro as I didn't think I'd be carrying my MBP around with me. Unfortunately the iPad can't do everything a laptop can, so sometimes I still need to take my MBP.

I'm just about to buy another bag for traveling, and I'm thinking about the Tri-Star. I'm planning on putting the MBP in the centre pocket and the iPad, possibly in its Ristretto, in the larger 'half' of the front pocket. Here we're only allowed one bag and they are very strict about it!

Leave a comment:

• mplsnst
    replied
    Originally posted by Fat Crip View Post
    This is why I have two Ristrettos. One for my MacBook Pro, and one for my iPad.
    That's dedication! Still, I'd prefer to have one bag that can do both. Also, I'm thinking of air travel or bus commuting, when I want more carrying space than something like a Ristretto can offer (for extra items of clothing, misc accessories, etc.).

Leave a comment:

• Fat Crip
    replied
    Originally posted by mplsnst View Post
    Here's an idea whose time has come: a backpack with a dual purpose laptop/iPad sleeve. This could be as simple as a standard padded laptop compartment with a thin fabric pouch on the rear inside wall, sized for an iPad. That way the iPad is protected by the padding, but held secure against your back rather than flopping around in an oversized compartment.

This would be awesome for me personally, since I carry my iPad much more often than my laptop, but do need to bring the laptop with me from time to time. A thin layer of padding in the iPad pouch could even make it possible to carry both laptop and iPad simultaneously, not necessary for me personally, but maybe a cool option to have for some.
    This is why I have two Ristrettos. One for my MacBook Pro, and one for my iPad. The iPad version makes a great, everyday 'man bag', but, if I need my MBP, then the full size Ristretto is perfect. I have used it as a 'man bag' with or without my iPad and its great, but the smaller version is just better. The use of my TB organiser pouches makes moving from one bag to the other a dream as there are no little odds or ends left behind, just five pouches to unclip and clip in the new bag. However, having two such similar bags is an expensive solution, but I do get two colour choices

Incidentally, I do, occasionally, carry both my MBP and my iPad in the larger Ristretto. The MBP goes in the sleeve, a padded pouch with cables dangles etc. goes in the bottom of the large pocket. Above that my iPad in its MacAlly case, plus a medium and a pen/pencil organiser fit nicely. I also fit in an A4 sized folder about 1/2 an inch thick. In the zipped pocket go my change purse and my ear buds (in a mini padded organiser pouch), and finally, in the front, my TB wallet, iPhone, two pens and my keys. My hat and gloves live in the the outside pocket. Together its quite heavy, so the absolute strap becomes an absolute necessity!

Leave a comment:

• mplsnst
    replied
    Here's an idea whose time has come: a backpack with a dual purpose laptop/iPad sleeve. This could be as simple as a standard padded laptop compartment with a thin fabric pouch on the rear inside wall, sized for an iPad. That way the iPad is protected by the padding, but held secure against your back rather than flopping around in an oversized compartment.

This would be awesome for me personally, since I carry my iPad much more often than my laptop, but do need to bring the laptop with me from time to time. A thin layer of padding in the iPad pouch could even make it possible to carry both laptop and iPad simultaneously, not necessary for me personally, but maybe a cool option to have for some.

Leave a comment:

• mplsnst
    replied
    Originally posted by wyldrose View Post
    TB seems pretty anti-D ring, but the FJN has a clip-on shoulder strap (using the same clips you see on a lot of TB waist straps), so porting that to the Cafe Bags might be an option.
    I was thinking more along the lines of the Ristretto, which is very similar to the Cafe Bag overall, and does in fact have d-rings. The Ristretto for iPad is basically the same size as the Medium Cafe, so you could almost just copy elements of that same pattern over.

Leave a comment:

• Margot
    replied
    I'm still hoping for another backpack option, messenger style. I resent myself for buying a not-made-in-USA bag.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    With the new clicker press, maybe Tom can design a leaf divider for the FJN?

Just an idea!

Leave a comment:

• Dctodd29
    replied
    Where is the.....

Would really love to see the parental unit come to be in 2011! There is a huge market out there for it and I know Tom bihn will do it right. Please make it happen

Leave a comment:

• MrKnitster
    replied
    Originally posted by DQBunny View Post
    Oh yes, this in a heartbeat. And one that's good for straight and double-pointed needles as well.
    I third this one. So looking forward to seeing prototypes in the next few months...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X