Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,953   Posts: 193,088   Members: 6,829   Active Members: 295
Welcome to our newest member, JuniorCyclist.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love a Tom Bihn trunk show. One of each bag, with an assortment of colors represented across the samples, and enough packing cubes and pouches and key straps to get a good idea of what will fit inside what. If Lexington KY was the first stop on the tour, that would be okay by me. :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

Darcy,

#1 on my wish list would be a long, narrow zippered organizer about 2"x2"x10".

Actually, two of them.

They would fit perfectly into the "dead zones" on either side of my small Brain Cell as it sits clipped into my Empire Builder, spaces which now serve no purpose.

thanks......

Comment

Originally posted by backpack View Post
        The Large Clear Pouch and All Fabric Pouch both fit letter size paper with a little room to spare.
        They're 14 x 11 and don't fit in the Swift. I'd like something around 9 x 12 so I can put my knitting pattern and scrap paper in and carry it around to work on. A sheet protector helps but it's not enough protection.

Comment

Originally posted by karenannie View Post
          I'd love to see a clear organizer pocket in 9x12 so I could put 8.5 x 11 paper in it without folding/crinkling.
          The Large Clear Pouch and All Fabric Pouch both fit letter size paper with a little room to spare.
          Originally posted by karenannie View Post
          They're 14 x 11 and don't fit in the Swift. I'd like something around 9 x 12 so I can put my knitting pattern and scrap paper in and carry it around to work on. A sheet protector helps but it's not enough protection.
          @karenannie you might want to read through the posts in the thread, Large Organizer Pouch: What size should it be?, and also add your comments there. As you'll see, most of the design comments for the last size change of the large organized pouch were from a while ago. However, I do like the fact that the large pouches can handle files and A4 sized paper. There's also a How do you use your Large Organizer Pouch? thread that makes for interesting reading.

moriond

Comment

Darcy...

I would love to see an RFID blocking wallet. I recently had my card "swiped" while in my pocket. And would love a smaller, wallet size pouch with the RFID blocking material.

Also, would love to see a balistic nylon front pocket card-style wallet....maybe has two or three slots on either side.

Comment

I'd love to see an Imago done in Linen/cork/steel!
              Ego in Cardinal/Steel, Ristretto in Plum/Wasabi, Side Effect in Plum/Wasabi, Imago in Navy/Cork/Wasabi, Cafe Bags in Azalea, Turquoise, and Linen, TB Wallet, misc. pouches, and son's Brain Bag in Steel

Comment

I'd like to see a Storm/Cork Imago.
                Happy owner of Steel Tristar, Steel Side Effect, Plum Medium Cafe Bag (my first TB), Indigo Synapse, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, various pouches and organizer cubes, Cache.

Comment

Originally posted by thais0n View Post
                  Darcy...

I would love to see an RFID blocking wallet. I recently had my card "swiped" while in my pocket. And would love a smaller, wallet size pouch with the RFID blocking material.
                  According the Tom Bihn Twitter page, an RFID-blocking wallet is in the works. I was going to get the Passport Pouch, but a wallet is what I really wanted. Yay!
                  Last edited by gmanedit; 07-09-2011, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Because of all the purple enthusiasts in the Forum, Blog and all over the world, I propose a Plum/UV Synapse!

Comment

Because of all the purple enthusiasts in the Forum, Blog and all over the world, I propose a Plum/UV Synapse!
                      YES! I vote for all-purple bags!

And, as long as we're on the purple train (what? I can dream . . . ) I'd like the return of the old Plum.

Comment

Originally posted by marbenais View Post
                        YES! I vote for all-purple bags!

And, as long as we're on the purple train (what? I can dream . . . ) I'd like the return of the old Plum.
                        Which old Plum is that? Are you talking about the variations in the Plum dye lots over time (e.g. slightly redder hued Plum around the time I bought my Ristretto for MacBook in Plum/Wasabi; present plum is close to the color of the original Buzz release)? Or are you talking about the Grape ballistic nylon that they ran out of four years ago? (Although, you could still get a few of the bags made in Grape ballistic nylon up through the following year.)

moriond

Comment

Seatle shipping partnerships?

Howdy, folks. Here's my wish. How about Tom Bihn enters into partnerships with other Seatle companies with similar Made In USA ethic like Filson for the purposes of shipping to overseas places. Would gladly stuff a pair of Filson pants into another Tom Bihn Bag for example.????

Comment

moriond, don't know the specific plum marbenais was referring to, but I know I'd love the old dark plum to return. It was less bright, deep and rich, and I love the items I have that were made of it.

But mostly I want an insert for the Field Notebook that doesn't have rings. I use the Circa system and love it, and heartily dislike rings. The insert can be plain, just that sturdy heavy plastic, and I can add my own straps to slip a Circa Junior notebook in. Or I could add cross-ways straps and slip a Clairefontaine top-bound notebook into it. In other words, something that would give me options other than the rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy Morn View Post
                              moriond, don't know the specific plum marbenais was referring to, but I know I'd love the old dark plum to return. It was less bright, deep and rich, and I love the items I have that were made of it.

But mostly I want an insert for the Field Notebook that doesn't have rings. I use the Circa system and love it, and heartily dislike rings. The insert can be plain, just that sturdy heavy plastic, and I can add my own straps to slip a Circa Junior notebook in. Or I could add cross-ways straps and slip a Clairefontaine top-bound notebook into it. In other words, something that would give me options other than the rings.
                              Can you show us pictures of the two Plums?

Just wondering, as I am a color afficionado.

Comment

Can you show us pictures of the two Plums?

Just wondering, as I am a color afficionado.
                                I will do that as soon as I can!

I am referring to the older 2007-era Plum, as opposed to the 2009-present Plum. The older Plum was significantly darker than the newer one, which is more like a bright violet than a deep purple.

But, you know, I like alllllllllllll shades of purple :-) The Ultraviolet Dyneema is almost the perfect fabric for me -- it's light, it's water-resistant, it doesn't attract pet fur (which is good because my puppy adores the TB bag straps), and it's PURPLE. Having the Synapse & Shop Bags in Ultraviolet Dyneema is definitely a fulfillment of my 2011 Tom Bihn Wish List!

Comment

Working...
                                X