Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,205   Members: 6,595   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, aw gnaw.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrKnitster
    replied
    Originally posted by timarelay View Post
    - Mini Cafe Bag

- Simple lunch bag. I've started packing snacks for myself when I travel and a simple lightly insulated pouch that would fit in my synpase would be wonderful.
    I second the lunch bag! I started a thread previously on this one. I've never been able to find a well-insulated, slim lunch bag that satisfies. I'm hoping for one I can put a tupperware of soup in and then throw in my large cafe bag without worrying about leaks!

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Is there any chance that this bag in this color combo would make an appearance again?

Imago in Indigo/Plum

Please oh please?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Dopp kit

I'm interested in a dopp kit, by Tom Bihn. I know that some people use the Kit and others use the clear 3-d pouch, but I'm looking for something larger and perhaps with a pocket or clips for organization.

I travel enough that I rarely take everything out when I'm home. It sits on my dresser or in my drawer. I carry:
    • Toothbrush and toothpaste
    • Razor and shaving cream
    • Hair brush or comb
    • Sunscreen lotion,
    • Soap
    • Shampoo
    • Medications
    • First aid kit - really just band-aids, moleskin, asprin
    • Tweezers

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    I'd love to see some updates to tombihn.com. In particular:

I'm new here and just getting to know the inventory and build my wish list. It's a bit frustrating to scroll through the images for a bag, then click on the order options and find out that the gorgeous blue color I just fell in love with is not available. How about suppressing pictures of unavailable color combos, or moving them to the bottom of the page? Someone else suggested an archive of past color combos - maybe having those shots below the main product description would be a nice compromise.

It's also hard to imagine what some of the "use your imagination for now" graphics would look like if they were photos of real bags. Can they be replaced with real product photos?

The "colors" popup could use a facelift: larger swatch photos, and more clearly divide the colors among fabric types, and maybe have a section on the bottom for retired colors.

I'd also like to see more videos of the bags, walkthroughs that show all the pockets and flaps and straps and rings and such. This would be very helpful for those of us without a snowball's chance of getting to the factory store anytime soon.

I'm also eager for the knitting organizer and Parental Unit to make appearances. I'm still perfecting my selection of accessories to carry with my Swift, but I'm still eager to see what the organizer's design will be. I'm going to hold out as long as possible before buying a diaper bag. My OB/GYN said she probably wouldn't let me go past April 22. Please don't make me take their stuff home from the hospital in plastic grocery bags, Tom!

Leave a comment:

• falconea
    replied
    Originally posted by Sera View Post
    I love the look of the Checkpoint Flyer, but I'm hopefully suggesting one alteration. The front compartment has a flat centerline. I wondered if it were possible to put in a front strip and make it with the seat belt buckle rather than the two plastic fasteners? It would give the Checkpoint Flyer extra individuality, one less buckle, uses materials you already order, and I think it would look fabulous.
    There are a couple pf practical issues with that.

1. What will the buckle look like on the x-ray?

2. With only one buckle the laptop insert may not be as stable as would be desirable.

Audrey

Leave a comment:

• Sera
    replied
    I love the look of the Checkpoint Flyer, but I'm hopefully suggesting one alteration. The front compartment has a flat centerline. I wondered if it were possible to put in a front strip and make it with the seat belt buckle rather than the two plastic fasteners? It would give the Checkpoint Flyer extra individuality, one less buckle, uses materials you already order, and I think it would look fabulous.

Leave a comment:

• wyldrose
    replied
    Originally posted by mplsnst View Post
    I'd love to see a Medium Cafe Bag with d-rings rather than a sewn-in strap. My current Medium Cafe has served me well as my daily bag for over a year now, but I'd love to be able to use a more substantial strap on days I carry heavier gear in there.
    TB seems pretty anti-D ring, but the FJN has a clip-on shoulder strap (using the same clips you see on a lot of TB waist straps), so porting that to the Cafe Bags might be an option.

Leave a comment:

• mplsnst
    replied
    I'd love to see a Medium Cafe Bag with d-rings rather than a sewn-in strap. My current Medium Cafe has served me well as my daily bag for over a year now, but I'd love to be able to use a more substantial strap on days I carry heavier gear in there.

Leave a comment:

• ams123
    replied
    Yes, more three dimensional organizer pouches would be wonderful!

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    How about a selection of organizer pouches - with a gusset at the bottom?

It doesn't have to be ultrasuede....

Leave a comment:

• flitcraft
    replied
    Gotta say, nothing whets the appetite for more Ultrasuede than seeing and feeling how terrific a blue Ultrasuede pouch is...

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by gmanedit View Post
    Ultrasuede Large Cafe Bag and Side Effect.
    I there should be a whole line of Ultrasuede products parallel to the Cordura line consisting of most bags but the backpacks and big travel bags, some of the coolest accessories could be included, such as the Kit (with one or two external O rings for an easy to convert formal clutch), the Large Pouch fitted with "splash proof zippers" tweaked into a slim briefcase...

I am sure all those designs and much more are in Tom's book.

It would bring to Tom Bihn the Suede/Formal crowd.

Leave a comment:

• marbenais
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangelo View Post
    1) A lunchbox built to Tom Bihn standards would be great!
    I agree! Some kind of insulated small bag would be lovely. Lunchbox, ice cream holder, etc. O-rings on the outside -- similar to how the Side Effect has them -- would mean it could be clipped into a larger bag -- a backpack or the one of the Shop Bags.

Leave a comment:

• gmanedit
    replied
    Ultrasuede Large Cafe Bag and Side Effect.

Leave a comment:

• Archangelo
    replied
    Wish List

1) A lunchbox built to Tom Bihn standards would be great;
    and
    2) A money belt that doesn't fall apart after a few weeks. I'm on my third since 2008.

Keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X