Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,955   Posts: 193,132   Members: 6,830   Active Members: 286
Welcome to our newest member, marcopolo123.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your 2011 TOM BIHN Wish List?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marbenais View Post
    I will do that as soon as I can!

I am referring to the older 2007-era Plum, as opposed to the 2009-present Plum. The older Plum was significantly darker than the newer one, which is more like a bright violet than a deep purple.

But, you know, I like alllllllllllll shades of purple :-) The Ultraviolet Dyneema is almost the perfect fabric for me -- it's light, it's water-resistant, it doesn't attract pet fur (which is good because my puppy adores the TB bag straps), and it's PURPLE. Having the Synapse & Shop Bags in Ultraviolet Dyneema is definitely a fulfillment of my 2011 Tom Bihn Wish List!
    I' am officially jealous! As a result, I will make the same face I did any time the pastry shops were running out of cassis/blueberry ice cream (the UV Synapse), at least I got the cassis/blueberry pie (UV Large Shop Bag)

Comment

Originally posted by backpack View Post
      I' am officially jealous! As a result, I will make the same face I did any time the pastry shops were running out of cassis/blueberry ice cream (the UV Synapse), at least I got the cassis/blueberry pie (UV Large Shop Bag)
      Don't be jealous! I don't have the Ultraviolet Synapse yet!
      I meant that having the bags offered in Ultraviolet Dyneema was the wish fulfillment :-)

Comment

My wish is for the product photos on the TB web site to stay more up to date. It has always been really frustrating that the photos for most products are always out of date or non existent. The current colors are never fully represented by the photos. Many bags have photos for colors that are no longer available and photos missing for the colors that are available. I would love to never see this photo again:

I know that its a lot of work and it has gotten better lately. Bags in the newest ballistic nylon colors have for the most part gotten photos, but it still could be better.
        TB in my house - Hunter Aeronaut | Indigo Brain Bag | Black/Steel/Red Ego | Steel/Wasabi ID | Steel/Crimson/Crimson Imago | Crimson/Steel/Steel Imago | Steel/Crimson Large Cafe | Olive Side Effect | Conifer Field Journal | more accessories than I like to admit

Comment

I would love to see a retired bag/color page. This would be a function of the post above by joe99, of having up to date photos of the current offering of bags. Once all of the bag pictures are available, moving their link and description to point to a retired page would be so nice and helpful. Sometimes for various reasons it's good to have that back information of dimensions, color name and accurate picture of it, measurements, volume, weight, etc. and unless it was on the blog, once the item is no longer for sale it seems to be raptured away. This is especially helpful for items that don't have a long run time.

Another function that would be helpful on the website is being able to search bags by color/ fabric. I've often wanted to know what offerings were currently for sale in Plum Cordura, Solar Dyneema or Steel Ballistic for example, and to find them, I have to open each page and search through drop down boxes. This gives me the opportunity to browse the site even more (as if I don't keep the window open on my browser all of the time), but when I want to know quickly, it's annoying. It would also be easier to build my collection. I like to coordinate my bags so that everything works together in my collection with my wardrobe. When I'm looking to buy a new one, it would be nice to know if I search I can see quickly which one would be the best fit.
          I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

Originally posted by dorayme View Post
            Another function that would be helpful on the website is being able to search bags by color/ fabric. I've often wanted to know what offerings were currently for sale in Plum Cordura, Solar Dyneema or Steel Ballistic for example, and to find them, I have to open each page and search through drop down boxes.
            This is a great idea dorayme. I just bought a Co-Pilot in Indigo mainly because it was one of my last chances to get a bag in Indigo. TB colors are such an important part of why we buy these bags.
            TB in my house - Hunter Aeronaut | Indigo Brain Bag | Black/Steel/Red Ego | Steel/Wasabi ID | Steel/Crimson/Crimson Imago | Crimson/Steel/Steel Imago | Steel/Crimson Large Cafe | Olive Side Effect | Conifer Field Journal | more accessories than I like to admit

Comment

Another wishlist item dealing with colors: I would love to be able to purchase a customized bag in colors that I choose. I would gladly wait a few weeks for my bag to be made if I was able to pick exactly the colors it would be made in. A Forest/Iberian Aeronaut, a Linen/UV Synapse, I am drooling just thinking about it.

Of course this service would be subject to the available colors at any one time. And bags would have to be made from the proper fabrics. In other words, no Cardinal 1050 ballistic Synapses because the Synapse is made from 1000 cordura, not 1050. Ideally there would be no up-charge for this service, your wait time would be punishment enough, but I would probably even be willing to pay for such a thing.

Comment

Another item for my wish list: Tom Bihn lanyards. I started carrying my office key and access card on a lanyard last year. A lanyard would be just a carry handle but much longer, and it would give me one more way to work a Tom Bihn product into my daily activities. I'd also love to be able to coordinate today's lanyard with today's TB accessories. :-)
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

Originally posted by marbenais View Post
                  Don't be jealous! I don't have the Ultraviolet Synapse yet!
                  I meant that having the bags offered in Ultraviolet Dyneema was the wish fulfillment :-)
                  I second that!

Comment

Organizer wallet with 2 clear sides

I wish the organizer wallet came in a version with clear plastic on both side.

To show driver's license on one side, gymn card on the other side.

While on the organizer wallet, I would not mind a "fat" organizer wallet with a coin section in the middle. I carry a mini pouch for coins AND the organizer wallet for the "wallet' stuff. I sewed a mini pouch to an organizer wallet, but it did not quite work due to the shape of the wallet, the location of the clip ring and the thick fold where the clip ring is attached.

Comment

Originally posted by LiLin View Post
                      I wish the organizer wallet came in a version with clear plastic on both side.

To show driver's license on one side, gymn card on the other side.

While on the organizer wallet, I would not mind a "fat" organizer wallet with a coin section in the middle. I carry a mini pouch for coins AND the organizer wallet for the "wallet' stuff. I sewed a mini pouch to an organizer wallet, but it did not quite work due to the shape of the wallet, the location of the clip ring and the thick fold where the clip ring is attached.
                      I like the idea of a gusseted or slightly wider wallet that can also accommodate coin. It's annoying to have to dig for it. I may have to add a mini just for coin myself in the future, for now, I just take the coin out when it starts to be annoying and pitch it into the kid's penny banks.

Comment

In making the wallet thicker, maybe it could have a construction less like a pouch (two pieces sewn together) and more like one of the 3-dimensional bags (with a strip of fabric between the two sides). Moving the clip to one side and setting the zipper up to go up one side for a little, all the way across the top, and down the other side a bit would make it easier to access the contents. I'd also rather have just an o-ring sewn onto the fat wallet rather than a clip. That would make it pocket-friendly, but it would still be clippable via a key strap.
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

I am still fairly new to TB products - after reading some of the forum threads, I would be very interested in a larger version of the Co-Pilot and a Side Effect without the waist straps. However, even if those don't come out this year, I have a feeling I may end up getting a bag or more accessories anyway.
                          Empire Builder | Cadet | Synapse 25 | MCB | Sidekick | Side Effect

Comment

tb insulated cooler bag

Comment

I would like to see a reusable Dyneema 4 or preferably 6 beverage carrier that would work for bottles and cups. I HATE taking the recyclable cardboard drink carriers when I buy food and drinks for my family of 5, but if I don't, the drinks spill all over my car in transport or I end up trying to juggle them and drop something carrying them inside. I want a TB carrier that I can slip the drinks into and not have to worry.
                              Just think of the convenience for office coffee runs, family takeout, and other beverages which are obviously popular with the group from the recent forum thread. I can see other uses, sorting or organizing mail, bills, receipts or toys. Holding multiple balls of yarn for a color work project, holding art or crafting supplies, carring the family's water bottles to an event. . . the possibilities are huge really. Please Tom consider making something like this

Comment

As others have mentioned previously, I would like to see a slightly larger Tri-Star that could handle a business suit jacket or two, ideally with a TB garment sleeve.

Comment

Working...
                                X