Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,503   Posts: 187,566   Members: 6,463   Active Members: 324
Welcome to our newest member, chrisjonty.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two new photos. We were so busy unpacking I didn't have time to take many. Tomorrow and Tuesday for sure though! http://www.tombihn.com/blog/node/1660
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

That conifer bag looks scrumptious!

Thank you for taking the time out of the move to post pictures and updates. So we can be included in it too. And at least to know - hold off on our next order to give everyone a chance to get settled!
      "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Comment

New photos of the first day of production at our new Seattle location.
        Last edited by Darcy; 01-25-2011, 01:35 PM.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

It's great to see and learn the names of the people who work to make our bags. Thanks, all. We appreciate it.

More pictures, please!

PS. What's a joiner? Someone who sews pieces together? I'd love to learn more about the process.
          Last edited by gmanedit; 01-25-2011, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmanedit View Post
            It's great to see and learn the names of the people who work to make our bags. Thanks, all. We appreciate it.

More pictures, please!

PS. What's a joiner? Someone who sews pieces together? I'd love to learn more about the process.
            As long as you guys want to see more photos, we'll keep taking them.

Good question -- we'll write a short article about the joining process for the blog. It's a vital step in the production of bags such as the Aeronaut and Empire Builder.

Comment

Congratulations on the move and expansion - very exciting! I love the pictures of the process.

Comment

Million of Thanks to Darcy and the whole Crew to make us part of the moving process as well as sharing their first day at the new location.

In the meantime, orders are still pouring in and we can see everybody being hard at work!

Much appreciation for sharing your picture while working and new abode.

Comment

I love seeing all of the wonderful TB staff at work! And congratulations on starting working in the new home :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gmanedit View Post
                    If you were to build a house one side at a time - the front, the back the sides - installing the windows, the doors, even the interior cabinets as you build each side, "joining" would be putting all the pieces together into a whole house. That's pretty much how we build our bags.

More new photos of our Seattle Factory Crew posted today!

Comment

Awesome to meet more of the terrific Tom Bihn staff! Whenever I use my bags--which is just about every day--I think about the dedicated and skillful folks who make them possible.
                      Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X