Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,503   Posts: 187,566   Members: 6,463   Active Members: 324
Welcome to our newest member, chrisjonty.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flitcraft
    replied
    Awesome to meet more of the terrific Tom Bihn staff! Whenever I use my bags--which is just about every day--I think about the dedicated and skillful folks who make them possible.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by gmanedit View Post
    PS. What's a joiner? Someone who sews pieces together? I'd love to learn more about the process.
    If you were to build a house one side at a time - the front, the back the sides - installing the windows, the doors, even the interior cabinets as you build each side, "joining" would be putting all the pieces together into a whole house. That's pretty much how we build our bags.

More new photos of our Seattle Factory Crew posted today!

Leave a comment:

• marbenais
    replied
    I love seeing all of the wonderful TB staff at work! And congratulations on starting working in the new home :-)

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Million of Thanks to Darcy and the whole Crew to make us part of the moving process as well as sharing their first day at the new location.

In the meantime, orders are still pouring in and we can see everybody being hard at work!

Much appreciation for sharing your picture while working and new abode.

Leave a comment:

• jannilee
    replied
    Congratulations on the move and expansion - very exciting! I love the pictures of the process.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by gmanedit View Post
    It's great to see and learn the names of the people who work to make our bags. Thanks, all. We appreciate it.

More pictures, please!

PS. What's a joiner? Someone who sews pieces together? I'd love to learn more about the process.
    As long as you guys want to see more photos, we'll keep taking them.

Good question -- we'll write a short article about the joining process for the blog. It's a vital step in the production of bags such as the Aeronaut and Empire Builder.

Leave a comment:

• gmanedit
    replied
    It's great to see and learn the names of the people who work to make our bags. Thanks, all. We appreciate it.

More pictures, please!

Last edited by gmanedit; 01-25-2011, 02:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    New photos of the first day of production at our new Seattle location.
    Last edited by Darcy; 01-25-2011, 01:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    That conifer bag looks scrumptious!

Thank you for taking the time out of the move to post pictures and updates. So we can be included in it too. And at least to know - hold off on our next order to give everyone a chance to get settled!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Two new photos. We were so busy unpacking I didn't have time to take many. Tomorrow and Tuesday for sure though! http://www.tombihn.com/blog/node/1660

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    I'm glad you guys like the photos! We'll get more today as we unpack.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    The moving pictures are a treat to see. Our excitement about the growth of the company, seeing the faces of those that make our bags and their new space, and being impressed that in the middle of a move - you have time to post pictures! Well done Darcy!

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Shiva
    replied
    Great to see that the move has gone well; and the new space looks wonderful---large and sun filled! Having seen the old space, I am sure this is going to be better to keep up with the growth! Thank you for sharing your move with us...!!!

Leave a comment:

• Heidi Jill
    replied
    I was so excited to find the pictures on FB this morning! Honestly, I feel like you guys are friends and I am glad to see that the move is going smoothly so far.

If I lived on your side of the sound I would want to work for/with you!

Leave a comment:

• Foggy Morn
    replied
    Wow, Tom, congratulations! What a huge space. A far cry from when I remember visiting you in your tiny little shop on Locust St in Santa Cruz so many years ago.

(Still have the bag you sewed up for me - a small café bag all in black.)

My collection of Tom Bihn bags has certainly grown since then. Looking forward to many more bags (Plum! Ultraviolet!) in the future.

Best to all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X