Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,498   Posts: 187,496   Members: 6,458   Active Members: 330
Welcome to our newest member, scjoyner.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bag trade-in/resale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bag trade-in/resale?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has bought a Tom Bihn bag, just to realize months/years later after using it that another bag or a newer style would be a better fit. For example, I thought that the small cafe bag would be the right size for my purposes, but it turns out that medium would get a lot more use by me.

The bags hold up so well that I wouldn't be embarassed at all to pass off my bag to someone used. Any interest by Tom/his staff in instituting a secondhand shop? I can't imagine that there would be enormous demand for this, but those who lack the budget to be a customer could be served while giving those of us who are already fans an opportunity to correct any judgement errors.

Considerations
    * Users would ship to Tom Bihn so that authenticity and descriptions of wear-and-tear may be verified.
    * Profits to seller to be used internally (i.e. for other Tom Bihn merchandise) -- keep the money in this company.
    * If you don't have the staffing for this, could we run a 'bag for sale' thread through the forums?

Thoughts?

Well, there's Tom's reply in this "Previously Loved Bags" thread basically giving an OK to posting in the forum, but having all sales worked out between individuals.

Another thought: in the case of products that are on back order, this may be a way for people to get the bag they want earlier. Hmmm. . . I see that the Empire Builder is not shipping till mid-February. Anyone interested in a gently used version? The problem I found is that with current luggage restrictions I either want to carry a bigger bag or a smaller bag. For someone who is 5'4" the trade-off in weight for the size is better matched by other bags.
    Last edited by moriond; 01-01-2006, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Interesting ideas. Give us a few days to talk about it and I'll post more later.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond
        Anyone interested in a gently used version? The problem I found is that with current luggage restrictions I either want to carry a bigger bag or a smaller bag. For someone who is 5'4" the trade-off in weight for the size is better matched by other bags.
        I'm in the market for an Empire Builder. What colors are your EB?

Comment

Originally posted by kengreen
          I'm in the market for an Empire Builder. What colors are your EB?
          This is black/black/steel. I wasn't planning to try to sell this before eristick's post, but I'm just not using this (after waiting 3+ months for the original order!).

Comment

It's interesting to find this as I was just to start basically the same thread. I am transitioning from student to professional and so I will be going from the Brain Bag backpack to an Empire Builder briefcase. My Brain Bag has to be a decent 3 years old now, been around the world and is still in amazing condition. I was looking for a 'trading post' section in the forums to receive fair value for the remaining life of this faithful companion. I'll be checking back to see what the results are!

Comment

Just checking in to say I haven't forgotten about this thread -- we're still talking and I'll let you guys know soon what we come up with.
              Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Hypercube,
                I am in the market for a brain bag. Are you willing to part with it. take some photo's of it (in particular area's of higher wear) and send them to [email protected]

Comment

If that Empire Builder is still available let me know.

Comment

Hi, yes the Empire Builder is still available. Ken was looking for a different color combination. You can send a private message, if you like.

Comment

Working...
                    X