Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,276   Posts: 197,764   Members: 7,230   Active Members: 173
Welcome to our newest member, FrodoBaggin.

Photos: New Clicker Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darcy
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)
    • May 2003

Photos: New Clicker Press

Our new clicker press has been delivered to our new Seattle location. We use the "clicker" press to die-cut small fabric parts like Organizer Pouches and also to cut the hard plastic parts to the Field Journal. It's a common tool in the shoe industry; most or all of the parts that went into whatever shoes you are now wearing wear cut with something like this clicker. While a lot of people wouldn't be excited about a new clicker press, we are, and we figured you might be too.

Unloading the clicker press for us is our contractor Rob Joyce.

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.
  • maverick
    Volunteer *********
    • Mar 2004

this looks like an entirely fun toy!
    -m

Comment

• Janine
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2010

That's just plain cool!

I hope you post more photos of the new facility, Darcy! As I live about a zillion miles away, and am growing larger by the moment (someone should have warned me about this twins thing before I asked for a backrub), chances that I would make it to WA to see the factory in person anytime soon are pretty slim. I'd love a virtual tour, though!
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

• blackfungi
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2010

must be nice and warm there in seattle! rob the contractor is wearing just a t shirt?
        aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Comment

• backpack
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Janine View Post
          That's just plain cool!

I hope you post more photos of the new facility, Darcy! As I live about a zillion miles away, and am growing larger by the moment (someone should have warned me about this twins thing before I asked for a backrub), chances that I would make it to WA to see the factory in person anytime soon are pretty slim. I'd love a virtual tour, though!
          I second Janine about the cool machine and the virtual tour.

Comment

• Janine
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by blackfungi View Post
            must be nice and warm there in seattle! rob the contractor is wearing just a t shirt?
            Either that, or Rob is working hard to get the new equipment set up!
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

• BPritchard
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2009

Is that some blue sky peeking out?

I jest! The weather was enjoyable during our Seattle trip last year.
              Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Comment

• marbenais
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2008

Very nice! Maybe we'll get to see it in action soon?

Comment

Working...
                X