Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,495   Posts: 187,478   Members: 6,456   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, Hungry.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for new Ultraviolet offerings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jannilee, how can you do that? Patiently assemble a shopping list, I mean. I am in awe of your patience. I saw Darcy's note about the steel/ultraviolet Co-Pilot and I had to pre-order one right away, like they were going to run out of pre-orders or something!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

Since I live in Canada, the $30 shipping cost means I don't want to order just one or two small items - $32 is rather prohibitive for a keystrap! Also, a week or so is nothing compared to almost a year since the last dyneema/dyneema synapse. I have wanted one since then.

Just ordered the synapse and...
      2 long keystraps
      1 small padded pouch
      1 med clear front pouch

I can hardly wait!!! It should be great for my trip to Iceland! ( Not as cool as Antarctica but exciting for me).

Comment

One of my pouches that arrived today is in Ultraviolet Dyneema. Very cool! Mind you the Iberian, Solar and Cork are pretty special too! I was expecting Steel Dyneema to be a bit dull, but Dyneema, 'in the flesh' is just a special thing. It doesn't come over so well on video or in pics.

Eric

Comment

congratulations on the order, jannilee! let us know when it arrives!

Originally posted by jannilee View Post
          Since I live in Canada, the $30 shipping cost means I don't want to order just one or two small items - $32 is rather prohibitive for a keystrap! Also, a week or so is nothing compared to almost a year since the last dyneema/dyneema synapse. I have wanted one since then.

Just ordered the synapse and...
          2 long keystraps
          1 small padded pouch
          1 med clear front pouch

I can hardly wait!!! It should be great for my trip to Iceland! ( Not as cool as Antarctica but exciting for me).
          -m

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Crip View Post
            One of my pouches that arrived today is in Ultraviolet Dyneema. Very cool! Mind you the Iberian, Solar and Cork are pretty special too! I was expecting Steel Dyneema to be a bit dull, but Dyneema, 'in the flesh' is just a special thing. It doesn't come over so well on video or in pics.

Eric
            So is this the first Ultraviolet Dyneema landing? Have the deliveries begun? Running off to check and see if my order has shipped.
            I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

Originally posted by dorayme View Post
              So is this the first Ultraviolet Dyneema landing? Have the deliveries begun? Running off to check and see if my order has shipped.
              Does that mean I'm special? ... Special needs more like!

Comment

Ultraviolet Clear Organizer Pouches have been slowly filtering in
                http://www.tombihn.com
                1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
                Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy View Post
                  need(10000000)

If we call in an order, can we pretty-please request that the "various colors" clear organizer we order is from the slowly filtered Ultraviolet stock? Or is it just luck of the draw?
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Crip View Post
                    One of my pouches that arrived today is in Ultraviolet Dyneema.
                    SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Comment

Originally posted by Janine View Post
                      If we call in an order, can we pretty-please request that the "various colors" clear organizer we order is from the slowly filtered Ultraviolet stock? Or is it just luck of the draw?
                      You're welcome to request Ultraviolet for the Clear Organizer Pouch in the comments box during the checkout process (or over the phone if you place your order that way.) If we have Ultraviolet, we'll send it to you!
                      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy View Post
                        Katy, every order since the first one I placed for Ultraviolet Dyneema (the day before this was announced -- when I saw the page for the Shop Bag updated with this color option, and ordered sight unseen) has had a note that I want to add to the order when clear organizer pouches, especially in the pen/pencil size cases, become available. Whenever I've called, I've asked about the availability of these cases. Usually, because of the time difference, I'm told that they can't check on the stodk. When I saw the picture up on the Blog, the first thought was OMG, Ultraviolet Dyneema clear pouches! (Of course, when I called in that day, it was just after the service hours).

After my large pouch in Iberian Dyneema arrived, I realize that I really wanted more of these pouches in smaller sizes, and placed another order (e.g. #95257). I would have loved to have made one of the medium Ultraviolet pouches a clear pouch, or to have added a pen/pencil size clear pouch in Ultraviolet Dyneema (e.g., as written once more in the comments).

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                          If we have Ultraviolet, we'll send it to you!
                          This makes my day. I love you guys.

Comment

moriond, Janine -- If you call/place your order over the phone, we should always be able to check and see for you if we have a particular color of Organizer Pouch.
                            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                              moriond, Janine -- If you call/place your order over the phone, we should always be able to check and see for you if we have a particular color of Organizer Pouch.
                              Indeed! If I'm remembering correctly we currently only have a few Ultraviolet Clear pouches in Medium and Large. Ultraviolet has not made its way into the Mini or Small Clear Organizer Pouches at this point. I'll check the Pen and Pencil pouches on Monday morning .

If either of you ever have questions about stock or need help with an order, feel free to email me directly. I'll be more than happy to help .
                              http://www.tombihn.com
                              1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
                              Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Comment

Just to put more pressure on you guys, here's a couple of pictures of nice bright Dyneema colours. I took a shot of the front of the pouches with the TB logos etc., but, through the plastic, they look a bit dull. So I turned them over for a better look.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X