Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,494   Posts: 187,450   Members: 6,454   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, bored_and_agitated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for new Ultraviolet offerings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're making more Ultraviolet Clear Organizer Pouches for you!

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
      We're making more Ultraviolet Clear Organizer Pouches for you!
      SQUEEEEEEEE!
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

Cool - great colour!
        S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Comment

Eric - Realise you live in North ish Scotland, can you give me some idea re the extra costs of having stuff shipped over?. As I know, vat/customs etc all adds up? Just wondering if theres a way around it??
          Thanks
          Jaffa
          S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffa View Post
            Eric - Realise you live in North ish Scotland, can you give me some idea re the extra costs of having stuff shipped over?. As I know, vat/customs etc all adds up? Just wondering if theres a way around it??
            Thanks
            Jaffa
            No problem. I've had three deliveries. Each arrived on the fourth business day after being ordered.

1. Ristretto 13" plus absolute strap, organiser wallet, 2 clear and 3 padded pouches Order total $198 plus $40 delivery charge and £16 plus change duty, VAT and handling fee to UPS
            2. Ristretto for iPad plus absolute strap, 5 coloured and 1 long black key straps, 2 clear pouches and 2 packs of zipper pulls. Order total $170 plus $40 delivery charge and £14.40 duty, VAT and handling fee to UPS
            3. Aeronaut plus 3 clear organiser pouches, a 3D Clear organiser cube, 2 packs of zipper pulls and a cork organiser wallet. Order total $295 plus $40 delivery and £22.55 duty, VAT and handling fee to UPS

UPS can be paid by cash or cheque on delivery. Theoretically, you can pay, by credit card over the phone, but only on the day of delivery. What I find is that if you phone UPS customer service on the day the parcel arrives in the UK, they will tell you the amount of duty so you can make sure you have the right change handy. I can't find the first UPS slip, so their figure is from memory. I don't know if there's any way round it, but, as, to be honest, its a lot less than it should be, I just pay it. E.g. VAT alone on $335 order at 1.56 $/£ exchange and a VAT rate of 20% should be £44.66. So to only pay £22.55, including import duty and £4.40 brokerage fee to UPS is a bargain!

By the way I'm 25 miles south of Edinburgh, just north of the border with England.

Oh, and did I mention that i've already got one of those ultraviolet organiser pouches!!!
            Last edited by Fat Crip; 03-01-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X