Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,494   Posts: 187,451   Members: 6,454   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, bored_and_agitated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for new Ultraviolet offerings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Crip
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaffa View Post
    Eric - Realise you live in North ish Scotland, can you give me some idea re the extra costs of having stuff shipped over?. As I know, vat/customs etc all adds up? Just wondering if theres a way around it??
    Thanks
    Jaffa
    No problem. I've had three deliveries. Each arrived on the fourth business day after being ordered.

1. Ristretto 13" plus absolute strap, organiser wallet, 2 clear and 3 padded pouches Order total $198 plus $40 delivery charge and £16 plus change duty, VAT and handling fee to UPS
    2. Ristretto for iPad plus absolute strap, 5 coloured and 1 long black key straps, 2 clear pouches and 2 packs of zipper pulls. Order total $170 plus $40 delivery charge and £14.40 duty, VAT and handling fee to UPS
    3. Aeronaut plus 3 clear organiser pouches, a 3D Clear organiser cube, 2 packs of zipper pulls and a cork organiser wallet. Order total $295 plus $40 delivery and £22.55 duty, VAT and handling fee to UPS

UPS can be paid by cash or cheque on delivery. Theoretically, you can pay, by credit card over the phone, but only on the day of delivery. What I find is that if you phone UPS customer service on the day the parcel arrives in the UK, they will tell you the amount of duty so you can make sure you have the right change handy. I can't find the first UPS slip, so their figure is from memory. I don't know if there's any way round it, but, as, to be honest, its a lot less than it should be, I just pay it. E.g. VAT alone on $335 order at 1.56 $/£ exchange and a VAT rate of 20% should be £44.66. So to only pay £22.55, including import duty and £4.40 brokerage fee to UPS is a bargain!

By the way I'm 25 miles south of Edinburgh, just north of the border with England.

Oh, and did I mention that i've already got one of those ultraviolet organiser pouches!!!
    Last edited by Fat Crip; 03-01-2011, 07:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jaffa
    replied
    Eric - Realise you live in North ish Scotland, can you give me some idea re the extra costs of having stuff shipped over?. As I know, vat/customs etc all adds up? Just wondering if theres a way around it??
    Thanks
    Jaffa

Leave a comment:

• Jaffa
    replied
    Cool - great colour!

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    We're making more Ultraviolet Clear Organizer Pouches for you!
    SQUEEEEEEEE!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    We're making more Ultraviolet Clear Organizer Pouches for you!

Leave a comment:

• Fat Crip
    replied
    Just to put more pressure on you guys, here's a couple of pictures of nice bright Dyneema colours. I took a shot of the front of the pouches with the TB logos etc., but, through the plastic, they look a bit dull. So I turned them over for a better look.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    moriond, Janine -- If you call/place your order over the phone, we should always be able to check and see for you if we have a particular color of Organizer Pouch.
    Indeed! If I'm remembering correctly we currently only have a few Ultraviolet Clear pouches in Medium and Large. Ultraviolet has not made its way into the Mini or Small Clear Organizer Pouches at this point. I'll check the Pen and Pencil pouches on Monday morning .

If either of you ever have questions about stock or need help with an order, feel free to email me directly. I'll be more than happy to help .

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    moriond, Janine -- If you call/place your order over the phone, we should always be able to check and see for you if we have a particular color of Organizer Pouch.

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    If we have Ultraviolet, we'll send it to you!
    This makes my day. I love you guys.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy View Post
    Ultraviolet Clear Organizer Pouches have been slowly filtering in
    Katy, every order since the first one I placed for Ultraviolet Dyneema (the day before this was announced -- when I saw the page for the Shop Bag updated with this color option, and ordered sight unseen) has had a note that I want to add to the order when clear organizer pouches, especially in the pen/pencil size cases, become available. Whenever I've called, I've asked about the availability of these cases. Usually, because of the time difference, I'm told that they can't check on the stodk. When I saw the picture up on the Blog, the first thought was OMG, Ultraviolet Dyneema clear pouches! (Of course, when I called in that day, it was just after the service hours).

After my large pouch in Iberian Dyneema arrived, I realize that I really wanted more of these pouches in smaller sizes, and placed another order (e.g. #95257). I would have loved to have made one of the medium Ultraviolet pouches a clear pouch, or to have added a pen/pencil size clear pouch in Ultraviolet Dyneema (e.g., as written once more in the comments).

moriond

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by Janine View Post
    If we call in an order, can we pretty-please request that the "various colors" clear organizer we order is from the slowly filtered Ultraviolet stock? Or is it just luck of the draw?
    You're welcome to request Ultraviolet for the Clear Organizer Pouch in the comments box during the checkout process (or over the phone if you place your order that way.) If we have Ultraviolet, we'll send it to you!

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by Fat Crip View Post
    One of my pouches that arrived today is in Ultraviolet Dyneema.
    SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy View Post
    need(10000000)

If we call in an order, can we pretty-please request that the "various colors" clear organizer we order is from the slowly filtered Ultraviolet stock? Or is it just luck of the draw?

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fat Crip
    replied
    Originally posted by dorayme View Post
    So is this the first Ultraviolet Dyneema landing? Have the deliveries begun? Running off to check and see if my order has shipped.
    Does that mean I'm special? ... Special needs more like!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X