Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,583   Posts: 188,379   Members: 6,554   Active Members: 308
Welcome to our newest member, Lucienk.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the heck with dyneema, how about DEFLEXION(tm)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the heck with dyneema, how about DEFLEXION(tm)?

Oh please oh please make some laptop cases with this stuff :-)

http://www.dowcorning.com/content/deflexion/

"What is DEFLEXION™ technology?

It sounds like something out of a comic book: a fabric that remains soft and flexible under normal conditions, but can absorb and disperse the shock of impact, protecting against damage and injury. Any superhero would want it, but it's available to all. DEFLEXION™ technology from Dow Corning, a shock absorbing, high performance material, uses silicone technology to create unique impact protection solutions."

Pondered this last night and had random thought that's only half a joke. I realize the implementation of such a thing is not straight forward and probably impractical for half a dozen reasons, but I'll throw it out anyway.

I remember Tom went and produced Brain Bags from the new digital camo print and prioritized them for the troops serving overseas. Always thought that was really cool. Why not take it to its logical conclusion and make a brain bag, or mild variant, from Kevlar.

I can almost see the advertising . . . Tom Bihn has your back.

Yeah, it's a random thought.

Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by mjgoode View Post
      Pondered this last night and had random thought that's only half a joke. I realize the implementation of such a thing is not straight forward and probably impractical for half a dozen reasons, but I'll throw it out anyway.

I remember Tom went and produced Brain Bags from the new digital camo print and prioritized them for the troops serving overseas. Always thought that was really cool. Why not take it to its logical conclusion and make a brain bag, or mild variant, from Kevlar.

I can almost see the advertising . . . Tom Bihn has your back.

Yeah, it's a random thought.

Matthew
      Hi mjgood, it may be a random thought but its the best, most brilliant random thought I've heard in a long time. Thanks for putting it out to the universe, you never know what might grow from a planted seed.
      Happy travels,
      Moose
      List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Comment

Working...
      X