Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,522   Posts: 187,763   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 309
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Breve for iPad 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eTHE2
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick View Post
    hi eTHE2!

welcome to the forum!

the ipad 2's dimensions are 7.31" x 9.5" x 0.34"

the xoom's dimensions are 6.6" x 9.81" x 0.5"

i can see if i can make something to test with and let you know. darcy, what do you think? will the extra 0.31" of length fit in the breve?

thanks!
    Thanks Maverick. I test new devices for a large company and I am always being asked what cases to recommend for company devices.

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    Originally posted by eTHE2 View Post
    While I have an iPad (and an iPad2 on the way) will a Xoom fit in this case? Maverick's video indcated iPad 'sized device'.
    hi eTHE2!

welcome to the forum!

the ipad 2's dimensions are 7.31" x 9.5" x 0.34"

the xoom's dimensions are 6.6" x 9.81" x 0.5"

i can see if i can make something to test with and let you know. darcy, what do you think? will the extra 0.31" of length fit in the breve?

thanks!

Leave a comment:

• eTHE2
    replied
    Like the Breve also

While I have an iPad (and an iPad2 on the way) will a Xoom fit in this case? Maverick's video indcated iPad 'sized device'.

Leave a comment:

• Pez
    replied
    First time poster, I love the look of the breve! Just curious if there's any chance of it being released in cork? I'm a cork fiend! I have 2 mini and one medium organizers in cork and a wallet in cork. A cork breve would be gorgeous! Kiwi is very nice as well.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    Darcy,

I really like the design of the Breve, but I'd like to know if there are options for connecting to the side rings with other straps?
    Tom has updated the design of the Breve (already!) to have new shoulder strap attachment points that will accept any of our shoulder straps that have snaphooks, including the Absolute (as seen in maverick's Breve video.) We think, though, most people will be happy with the included shoulder strap.

We've also updated the product photos of the Breve to show the new version.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Darcy,

I really like the design of the Breve, but I'd like to know if there are options for connecting to the side rings with other straps? OK, I know that the iPad is really light, and the Breve is an even more minimalist design than the Ristretto for iPad and the Co-Pilot. But, especially if you are planning to make versions for the 11" and 13" MacBook Air, will there be different startp options? I ended up using the Absolute Strap with both the Ristretto for iPad and the Co-Pilot. The o-rings on the Breve look as though they're too small to accommodate this strap, or other customized straps. I've always ended up getting custom straps, except in cases where they weren't available, such as the original release of the Imago. (For later versions, I use the Q-AM Shoulder Strap.) So will there be other strap options? This is the main reason that I use the Ristrettos instead of the Cafe Bags -- except for the Large Cafe bag currently you can only get the standard shoulder strap. The Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap just isn't a good enough alternative IMHO if you're carrying more in your bag.

moriond

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Yes: we plan to make the Breve in at least two more sizes designed for the 11" Air and 13" Air/MacBook Pro.
    yet again, we need a like button in the forum, darcy!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by MtnMan View Post
    Are there any plans for a Breve for MacBook Air, or similar sub-notebook?
    Yes: we plan to make the Breve in at least two more sizes designed for the 11" Air and 13" Air/MacBook Pro.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by Tzporah View Post
    What are the measurements for the Breve? I'm trying to figure out which of the smaller bags (cafe/swifts) it will fit in.
    The dimensions are:
    13" x 10" / 330 x 255mm

Weight: 10oz or 285gr

Leave a comment:

• MtnMan
    replied
    Are there any plans for a Breve for MacBook Air, or similar sub-notebook?

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by cromulent View Post
    Really looks great and I almost ordered it immediately but then I realized I had a couple of questions about the size.

How tight is the iPad compartment? Will I be able to fit an iPad with case in there?
    Good question! Tom designed the Breve so that it will fit the iPad with or without a case on it.

Leave a comment:

• Tzporah
    replied
    What are the measurements for the Breve? I'm trying to figure out which of the smaller bags (cafe/swifts) it will fit in.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Crip
    replied
    Originally posted by flitcraft View Post
    I think the preference for a 'real' keyboard may depend on how much typing you do on it. As an academic, I often have the need to create long documents and am used to the tactile feedback I get from a keyboard. For me, typing on the Ipad is fine for short things but is annoying for anything beyond a page or two. YMMV of course.
    Thats what I mean. If you need a proper computer, buy a MacBookAir 11", if you want a tablet, buy an iPad.

Leave a comment:

• flitcraft
    replied
    I think the preference for a 'real' keyboard may depend on how much typing you do on it. As an academic, I often have the need to create long documents and am used to the tactile feedback I get from a keyboard. For me, typing on the Ipad is fine for short things but is annoying for anything beyond a page or two. YMMV of course.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Crip
    replied
    Originally posted by Tzporah View Post
    More the ability to decontaminate a keyboard but not the actual iPad.
    The iPad is wipe clean glass with no cracks and crevices that can be disinfected with an antiseptic wipe; whereas the key pad is plastic and aluminium with gaps and odd shaped surfaces that cannot be cleaned properly, let alone 'decontaminated'.

Eric

Leave a comment:

Working...
X