Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,428   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 342
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forums Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spamjam View Post
    My forum reading mode is to go into each forum and click the "read new" button for each thread I want to read.
    I have never noticed a 'read new' button. ??

Comment

i would prefer either our own choices of background colour or make this forum run on a black back ground with white letters. that would be righteous.
      aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Comment

^ Nah. I prefer black-and-white. White-on-black is too hard to read.
        Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

Originally posted by thorn View Post
          If you go to the Forum sub menu and choose new posts, there is a little blue circle button that says read first new post, or something to that effect. It's a pretty small button, but easy to use once you realize it's there.
          Steel/Ultraviolet Aeronaut, Steel/Solar TriStar, Black/Steel Checkpoint Flyer, Steel Packing Cube Backpack, Steel Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Solar Travel Tray, Snake Charmer, Pouches, 3D Clear Organizer Cube, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by thorn View Post
            It's the one circled in red here:

Comment

This is pretty awesome!

Comment

Is this bug? When I click a profile, every links on the left, and the tabs are in white color!

Comment

I would prefer if the 'new posts' button would show me any new posts I have not read yet. Currently it is set to display new posts since the last time I hit the 'new posts' button. So if I get a list of new posts, click on one to read, then go back to 'new posts', nothing shows up even though I only read a single thread.

Comment

Love the new forum peaceful colors, the like button, the easy link making and read the last unread post.

Thank You for your hard work Darcy!

Comment

Originally posted by Just View Post
                      On this front, please consider tapatalk.
                      May I second this thought? Would love to be able to access forum via Tapatalk...thanks.
                      --------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
                        May I second this thought? Would love to be able to access forum via Tapatalk...thanks.
                        Me three.

Hmm, got an error message that I have to write a longer message, so...Happy Friday, everyone!

Comment

We're still working on the forum fixes! We haven't forgotten. It's been pretty busy here with all the new colors and designs.

Is it just me, or do you guys find you have to exercise some serious restraint with the Like button? Because I pretty much Like every single post here.
                          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I just wanted to add a comment to this thread that I feel is important. Sometimes I, and others in this forum, like to mention a specific Tom Bihn product or Bihn demo video, or whatever, and we like to enhance the mention of it by making it into a live link to a specific page on the Bihn site or YouTube. With the "old" forum setup, it was easier to see forum posting text that contained a link. There was usually a color to set it off. Now, unless you "mouse over" something that happens to be a link you'll never be able to tell. I do not like that at all.

I just posted a couple of direct links to Bihn products in a forum posting. I had to go to the trouble of underlining the text to set it off. Isn't there some kind of setting the forum moderators can change to make links more visually detectable?
                            Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMan View Post
                              With the "old" forum setup, it was easier to see forum posting text that contained a link. There was usually a color to set it off. Now, unless you "mouse over" something that happens to be a link you'll never be able to tell. I do not like that at all.
                              This has been something we completely agree needed to be fixed (that links should be underlined) but it was much more difficult than you might expect for us to accomplish that. But... we did it, and now you should see all links underlined.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Also: the look and functionality of the forums (and other parts of the website..) will change again over the next couple of months, so stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
                                X