Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,530   Posts: 187,825   Members: 6,493   Active Members: 292
Welcome to our newest member, dcaisson.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Bihn Bag Sightings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by tCook View Post
    Oh, and see you next week, probably. My S-I-L gave her yarn stuff sack to her Mom and wants a replacement. She called me after I was already gone from last week.
    Cool! We always enjoy your visits!

Leave a comment:

• tCook
    replied
    Oh, and see you next week, probably. My S-I-L gave her yarn stuff sack to her Mom and wants a replacement. She called me after I was already gone from last week.

Leave a comment:

• tCook
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy View Post
    Were you like "Oh.. well.. I've met Tom"?
    I totally played it cool. And by "cool," I mean, "completely nerded out to my girlfriend while sneaking a picture with my cameraphone while she said, 'you're going to talk to him, aren't you?' "

I said, "Nice Tom Bihn bag. I'm a fan, too," (gesturing to my Brain Bag and Aeronaut, not mentioning the Synapse and a silly number of organizer pouches and such inside). I figured the tour from Tom and pretty much hanging out with you guys at most of the store openings might be a little much. And I hadn't slept all night and it was 0430 my time. Better to keep my mouth shut! haha

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by dorayme View Post
    Seriously, was that Tom?
    She had a tour of the factory too a few months ago .

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy View Post
    Seriously, was that Tom?

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by tCook View Post
    I finally saw one! Waiting in the taxi line at Boston/Logan last Friday, the guy ahead of me had an ID (pretty sure that was it). Of course I had to say something to him! He said it was starting to get a little worn after about seven years of heavy use. Very exciting to finally seen one "in the wild."

Leave a comment:

• tCook
    replied
    I finally saw one! Waiting in the taxi line at Boston/Logan last Friday, the guy ahead of me had an ID (pretty sure that was it). Of course I had to say something to him! He said it was starting to get a little worn after about seven years of heavy use. Very exciting to finally seen one "in the wild."

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by dorayme View Post
    Isn't it funny how that happens?
    I can imagine the look on his face. Haha!

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffmac View Post
    We talked for a minute but he quickly determined that I was more of a zealot than he was and made an excuse to get on his plane to get away from me.
    Isn't it funny how that happens?

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied
    In July, someone in Dulles might have seen me en route to Uganda with my new steel/ultraviolet TriStar. I'm not saying the Tristar got me upgraded to biz class for the long haul on Ethiopian Air, but...

Leave a comment:

• jeffmac
    replied
    Just had my first bona fide sighting. Nashville Airport sitting in a gate and looked over and a guy had a Checkpoint Flyer in Black/Steel on top of a rollerboard.

I asked him about it and he gushed for awhile about how he used to be a Tumi and Victorinox guy. He said he was a little doubtful but when he got he quickly converted 3 more people in his office. I pointed out my Tristar and bemoaned the fact that my Zephyr was staying home this trip. He wondered out loud if TB would always be sold by word of mouth.

We talked for a minute but he quickly determined that I was more of a zealot than he was and made an excuse to get on his plane to get away from me.

Just cool to finally see another owner out "in the wild"!

Leave a comment:

• Scattered
    replied
    I was in NYC for a business meeting yesterday, and on the walk back to Penn Station I passed a a gentlemen wearing a Buzz sling pack (I think that's the name). I believe the bag was black and steel; I only got a very brief glimpse. Wasn't even really on the lookout for TB gear, the tag on the strap just happened to catch my eye as we passed each other.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    I took my Large Cafe Bag in 6 cities and the Brain Bag in 3 airports and there had been no sighting of fellow TB fans.

I, however, made my customary speech praising my Tom Bihn bags to anyone who would listen.

Exception was my return flight when a cold made me so weak, I could barely carry my Brain Bag and proceeded to sleep the next day away.

Leave a comment:

• flitcraft
    replied
    Quite possibly. It depends on whether I have all my work done by then so that I'm not obsessing about being ready for my trip Thursday morning.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by flitcraft View Post
    Today waiting in line at the Home Depot, the guy just behind me said, "Excuse me, is that a small cafe bag?" And of course, it was, in conifer. We chatted for a few minutes about all the bags we had (between us, we had pretty much the whole line-up). I mentioned that one bag I didn't have was the packing cube backpack or shoulder bag, but I was thinking that it might be handy for my trip next week to China. "Oh, I guess Wednesday will be my last chance to get it," I said. "Yeah, lucky that the showroom is open on Wednesdays," he replied. You know you've spotted a fellow fanatic when, not only do we wax rhapsodic about our bag collections, but we both knew the showroom schedule!
    Funny! So, will we see you Wednesday?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X